More members set to benefit from Chris Knott service

More members set to benefit from Chris Knott service...

Hi,

Insurers have relaxed their rules under our car clubs and enthusiasts offering which means we should be able to help more of you get a better car insurance deal.

We'll still be applying common sense to our quotes but there'll no longer be hard and fast minimum driver age restrictions on models. Instead we'll be assessing risks on a case by case basis - looking for relevant driver and vehicle experience.

The Chris Knott scheme via this forum rewards safer drivers and we think there are more of you on the car club and enthusiasts scene than anywhere else in the UK.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 3 years and have 2 years NCB to use (gained on the quoted vehicle or another that can be mirrored across inc. company car).

We can now quote if you've had a fault claim as long as it was at least 12 months ago. Even if you have had a fault claim in the last 12 months, if the cost was under £2k we can still help.

If you can comply with these few criteria, there's a strong chance that Chris Knott will be your best option for car insurance this year.

Please put us to the test by calling 0800 917 2274 for a quote when your renewal falls due. Don't forget to mention this club/forum which will be your ticket to accessing this special car clubs and enthusiasts scheme.

Alternatively, you can complete contact details at https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote/?ref=crit19 and we'll call you.

best,
Nick

• 3 months later...

Used your service for past 4 years price and service was fantastic, now the premium is stupidly high and i seem to get loads of different excuses from the team. Its either the "post code" is bad or the vehicle is in a high insurance group etc etc. I cant even insure a BMW without providing some evidence! Now i had a 1.9 tdi golf mk5 insured with you the premium was fair at £500 per annum now that iv upgraded to a mk6 2.0 tdi im seeing an increase, £3000 plus milage restrictions! Iv just recently asked for a quote which was in the region of £3000! I don't believe the company looks at relevant driver / vehicle experience as you have quoted in many threads and above otherwise i would still be with you (13 years driving experience which includes vehicles such as BMW M3, ASTON MARTIN DB9 and 2 PORSCHE 911's with 4 years Ncb earned through chris knott) it seems loyalty doesn't pay off! 

Your staff told me the under writer could not quote me however When i shopped around i was quoted around £700, so I mentioned this and hey presto the same under writer matched the quote -£20!

To top it off a fraudulent claim was made against me by a cyclist there was NO ACCIDENT NO impact NO damage and no injuries, just some scumbag trying it on, the case was dropped by the cyclists solicitor as it was quite evident it was a bogus claim. This is now logged on my record as a non fault accident! 

It seems like someone can get your registration plate and accuse you of hit and run and the insurance company knowing its a false/fraudulent claim still log it as a non fault claim. I informed the authorities regarding this but still I have to suffer the consequence of a jacked up premium.

After emailing your staff if they could do any better with the quote  i was told its £3000 + and then i was ignored. I thought a quotation was valid for 10 days? 

Hi Harry-vr6, if you can PM me your real name and postcode I'll give you a definitive answer as to why the rates are what they are for you this year. We don't set the rates of course, that's the insurers themselves. I'm very happy to investigate and report back though.

best,

Nick