VR6 conversion

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend places to do a conversion?

My GTi to VR6 has been a project for about 6 years now and I'm spunking money on storage costs and nothing is getting done.

I just don't have the time to meticulously do it myself which is gutting.

So I have a complete VR6 as a donor. all new engine internals etc.

All to go into a K reg GTi.

All help is most appreciated.

cheers all

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend places to do a conversion?

My GTi to VR6 has been a project for about 6 years now and I'm spunking money on storage costs and nothing is getting done.

I just don't have the time to meticulously do it myself which is gutting.

So I have a complete VR6 as a donor. all new engine internals etc.

All to go into a K reg GTi.

All help is most appreciated.

cheers all

It won't be a cheap deal mate if you get a garage to do it. The good garages will want decent dollar to do the conversion mate. Why don't you get the engine and box in and then give it to a garage to do the loom work and build it up. It will be half the price. I'd be tempted to drop the full front end in the subframe on a pallet so it's all in one and lift your gti over the top and bolt it all up. That includes all the suspension etc. The big job is complete then and you'll have it done in a day.
It won't be a cheap deal mate if you get a garage to do it. The good garages will want decent dollar to do the conversion mate. Why don't you get the engine and box in and then give it to a garage to do the loom work and build it up. It will be half the price. I'd be tempted to drop the full front end in the subframe on a pallet so it's all in one and lift your gti over the top and bolt it all up. That includes all the suspension etc. The big job is complete then and you'll have it done in a day.
That's true. the engine at present is in bits. as I got the head skimmed and block cleaned and tested.

Only problem I have is being a relative distance away from the motor where it is in storage. this should have been completed 2015 :( lol

what a dilemma haha
That's true. the engine at present is in bits. as I got the head skimmed and block cleaned and tested.

Only problem I have is being a relative distance away from the motor where it is in storage. this should have been completed 2015 lol

what a dilemma haha
Yes that's a problem then mate but honestly it will cost you a fortune for a garage to do the full build. I'd get what I could comfortably get done myself then give a garage the rest to do mate.
Yes that's a problem then mate but honestly it will cost you a fortune for a garage to do the full build. I'd get what I could comfortably get done myself then give a garage the rest to do mate.
I can do it all apart from the looms. it's just finding the time

do miss my baby however lol
I can do it all apart from the looms. it's just finding the time

do miss my baby however lol
I can imagine mate. Mines going up for sale I think. I've been toying with the idea for a while now as it doesn't get used and it's a shame to watch it sit there and not get used. I will be gutted when it's gone but it's time to let someone enjoy it. Still only got 66k on the clock.
I can imagine mate. Mines going up for sale I think. I've been toying with the idea for a while now as it doesn't get used and it's a shame to watch it sit there and not get used. I will be gutted when it's gone but it's time to let someone enjoy it. Still only got 66k on the clock.
don't do it man! lol. 66k is amazing!

I think I need this sorted before kids come along. £360pm on storage costs is fecking ridiculous