[SOLD] VW Golf Mk2 VR6 Turbo RWD Track/Race/Road

VW Golf Mk2 VR6 Turbo RWD

Rear Engine, Rear Wheel Drive, 300BHP, Track/Race

Originally built by AW Tracksport this unique Mk2 Golf has a VR6 engine mounted in the rear of the car driving the rear wheels, there is a fire wall between the engine and front seats.

The fuel tank along with the pumps and swirl pot are situated at the front under the bonnet.

The engine is currently running at 0.7bar/10psi and already reaching 299bhp with 301lbft torque and 278bhp at the wheels, this was the first map and dyno run after the build/running in period and is capable of achieving a lot more boost should you wish.
It is kept cool with the radiator fitted at the front end with a powerful electric fan which comes on automatically or can be controlled from a switch from dash.
There are also cooling ducts feeding outside air into the engine bay.
I'm told from the previous owner the car weighs just under 1000kgs with the lightweight doors fitted, however I have no proof of this, it is a very light car to drive and I believe the statement to be true.

The car is rear wheel drive and has no ABS or traction control.

A standard 2.8 vr6 has 174bhp from factory, after installing the mods and a running in period of gentle driving I thought it sensible to test the car on dyno with a low boost setting rather than jumping straight in with a high boost setting.
I think the 300bhp produced was fantastic at low boost especially being such a lightweight car.

Like I say it is capable of taking a lot more boost with the internals currently fitted, resulting in a lot more bhp, I simply don't have the time to take it further.

Engine:

VR6 2.8
Hydra Nemesis EMS
Wossner Forged Pistons 81.5mm bore, 8:1 Ratio
Uprated head gasket
Turbonetics T3 Turbo
Apexi Boost Controller
Intercooler mounted in roof
Greddy Blow Off Valve
Upgraded SS Coolant Pipe
440cc Green Injectors
Modified RX7 back box quiet exhaust currently fitted but comes with loud straight pipes if you prefer.
Gearbox & Clutch:
Quaiffe 6 Speed Close Ratio Straight Cut Gearbox
Lightweight flywheel
Helix Motorsport 6 Paddle Clutch, also comes with Sintered Double Clutch replacement for more of a track set up.
Spare standard VR6 gearbox comes with the sale
Wheels/Suspension/Brakes:

Manual Steering Rack
Wilwood Break Bias Pedal Box
Wilwood discs and callipers all round.
Eibach Coilovers
Banded Steel Wheels
Front Tyres 205/40/16 like new
Rear Tyres 245/35/16 like new
Interior:

Full Roll cage
Bucket Seats
6 Point Sabelt Harnesses
AIM Dash Pod
Fire Extinguisher plumbed in

Outer:
Currently has standard Mk2 doors with manual windows, also comes with light weight doors with Perspex windows for track use.
Lightweight GRP Bonnet.
Lightweight GRP Boot Door.
GRP Wide Arches from HRengineering.
Intercooler Mounted in roof for maximum coverage.

This is not a show car, previous owner used it for track days and I used it on the B roads so as a result has scratches, marks and stone chips form use, there are no major rust spots or corrosion of bodywork, underneath the car is very good condition.
I have listed everything I can think of honestly and will be sad to see it go, hopefully to someone that has more time for it.

Overall this car is ready for action straight away or ideal for someone to push further, a fast car for track or road use.

Car will need to be collected by trailer as currently SORN

It has covered less than 300 miles since last MOT.

Any more questions by text or whatsapp is best: 07835600626

Car is advertised elsewhere.

IMG_4014.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_4019.JPG

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_4012.JPG