Evening guys

the dreaded happened and my engine seized on Friday on my way home from Manchester and is completely dead. I really don't want to scrap the car because I love it and is my dream car I've always wanted one since I was a teenager, to say I'm gutted is a understatement. If anyone has a spare or can point me or even sell me a second hand one I'll make sure you are sorted out. You can contact me anytime on 07516121464 cheers ✌️ 

22 hours ago, brady said:

Evening guys

the dreaded happened and my engine seized on Friday on my way home from Manchester and is completely dead. I really don't want to scrap the car because I love it and is my dream car I've always wanted one since I was a teenager, to say I'm gutted is a understatement. If anyone has a spare or can point me or even sell me a second hand one I'll make sure you are sorted out. You can contact me anytime on 07516121464 cheers ✌️ 

You might be in look, there is a Dragon Green 5 door on an R plate for sale in Bolton.

Its been parked up for a while as the guy that owned it crashed (apparently) on an industrial estate and damaged the drivers side front wheel etc and left it with the owners of a unit on there and they now want it gone. Was offered it at £600, but already have to VR's so not room for a 3rd, complete car with a nice interior, I only wanted the interior, but for that I'd have to take the car. Might be of use to you for the engine and other bits you never know? The guys called Darren 07879601308. 

23 hours ago, brady said:

Someone picked it up on Friday mate proper gutting, looks like I may either have to sorn the car until a decent engines pops up or break it unfortunately ?

Gutted... :o  Not be better off taking the engine out of yours and do a rebuild..?

Buying a second hand engine may have more problems than its worth, save on second hand and spend on yours instead?

Seems a bit drastic to break it, if you're gonna sorn it, you might as well sorn it and work on the engine... :ph34r:

I've managed to find an engine with 72k for 550. I would do a rebuild mate but it's gonna cost more than putting another lump in with a new timing chain. 

Im gonna keep the engine out of mine and gradually re build it when I have the money, plus I wouldn't have a clue wtf I'm doing ? just going to have to get to know the vr inside and out so I can eventually do a rebuild. 

Thing is my engine got rebuilt in Feb 2016 but they didn't put a new timing chain on with 130k on the engine. I only bought the car under the impression it had been done got receipts for rebuild just not timing chain. Which is why I think it finally went unfortunately ? I'm just waiting for a price to put engine in and do timing chain by local mechanic before I commit to it. 

What would you say best course of action is ? 

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, brady said:

I've managed to find an engine with 72k for 550. I would do a rebuild mate but it's gonna cost more than putting another lump in with a new timing chain. 

Im gonna keep the engine out of mine and gradually re build it when I have the money, plus I wouldn't have a clue wtf I'm doing ? just going to have to get to know the vr inside and out so I can eventually do a rebuild. 

Thing is my engine got rebuilt in Feb 2016 but they didn't put a new timing chain on with 130k on the engine. I only bought the car under the impression it had been done got receipts for rebuild just not timing chain. Which is why I think it finally went unfortunately ? I'm just waiting for a price to put engine in and do timing chain by local mechanic before I commit to it. 

What would you say best course of action is ? 

Bit of a bummer they'd didn't do timing chain at same time as the rebuild :o 

£550 sounds a bit steep for an engine, but there again if its only done 72k I don't suppose its to bad, and obviously as you know get the timing chain done before its fitted.

I think doing a strip down and rebuild of your original engine as and when you've got the funds is a good idea, if I were doing it I'd have the crank reground and balanced, the bores honed and then put new rings in and whilst the heads off have it gas flowed and put in some fast road cams from the likes of Schimmel, Schrick or Autotech etc, but that's just me...:ph34r:;)