Wanted - VR6 Coolant expansion tank.

Hi Guys. Anyone breaking a VR6? I need the coolant expansion tank - mine has a split in it and as soon as the water heats up it emptied all of it's water. I bought one online from Lithuania which is the wrong size - it's about 2/3rds of the capacity. I fitted it and the car seems to run OK but I'd like to get the right tank on eventually.

Anyone able to help me out?

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, VR6 Supercharged said:

Look on Ebay, sure I've seen some (after market mind) brand-new for around £20-£25.. Worth a look :ph34r:;)

Cheers. The GTi tank I bought was off ebay and was advertised as a VR6 tank, so I'm wary of the sellers. I thought if someone on here had one they're sure is from a VR6 I'd be happier.

1 hour ago, noggin said:

Cheers. The GTi tank I bought was off ebay and was advertised as a VR6 tank, so I'm wary of the sellers. I thought if someone on here had one they're sure is from a VR6 I'd be happier.

Fair point. Just had a look on Fleabay again, the sellers called Boltonbits. sells all sorts of bits/parts for cars.

It does say fits all Mk3 Golfs from 1.4 to 2.8? Worth an email maybe, nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.. :ph34r: