Hello fellow vr6 owners, I have a few questions, and could use some input- it'd be much appreciated.

I can no longer shift my mk3 into gear with the engine on, but when the engine is off, I can get it into 1st, reverse, etc, just fine.

I checked all the linkages, and the shifter is in mint condition. I did notice that my clutch pedal feels softer, and lower to towards the firewall than normal.

I figured the signs are pointing towards the clutch slave cylinder being kaputt, so I let my mk3 sit for a couple of days for that part to come in.

I replaced the clutch slave cylinder yesterday, bled the clutch, but the pedal is unresponsive and completely limp.

To add to it, the engine kills itself after starting if I dont hold the gas pedal on 10k rpm (idle).
I know I did something wrong, but I have no idea what, how, and could use some advice and input.

IMG_20150608_182031_226.jpg

When the seals on the slave fail the fluid ends up inside the bell housing and the drips on the floor (mine did this, prior to this sometimes the clutch pedal stuck to the floor), when the seals fail in the master the fluid returms to the reservoir.

it could also be a cracked clutch fork inside thebellhousing.

you could still have air in the line

thank you for the reply, I'm going to buy a higher quality bleeder and try, The fluid in still topped off and I had not added or removed any other than maybe some air from a chinese clutch/brake bleeder. If that does not work, I will continue with the rest of your knowledge that you passed onto me, much appreciated!