hi guys

bought a highline auto which was going to break for spares for my own but the car is far to good so not bothering

car was running rough I have managed to sort that and all elecs worked but sunday sun roof opened but will not close  I can hear switch clicking but motor not doing nothing so closed manually but is it more than likely the motor and if so how easy is it to swap if anyone has done one

cheers guys

The motor should just unscrew from the frame - two counter-sunk posi-drive screws from memory.

Refitting requires you to set the motor to the parked position first:

# Connect the electrical plug (don't mount the motor to the frame, yet)

# Press the Open function - motor turns and stops (10 turns I think)

# Press the Close function - the motor turns and parks

# Disconnect the plug (so it doesn't move inadvertently)

The motor is now set: re-fit it to the frame - ASSUMING the roof is in the closed position.

Before investing in another motor, disconnect it from the frame and see if it moves on its own.

The switch could be faulty.

As the roof closed manually, the roof mechanism should be ok.

it’s only 6 screws to remove the glass. Mine would only pop up on the back. If it’s not the motor it could be something simple to notice on the tracks. Symmetry, or lack of in the pieces. I know &@$? all, but I fixed mine with a lil wing thingy(sorry for being too technical) glued in 

• 1 month later...
On 15/03/2018 at 6:56 PM, Philly-R6 said:

The motor should just unscrew from the frame - two counter-sunk posi-drive screws from memory.

Refitting requires you to set the motor to the parked position first:

# Connect the electrical plug (don't mount the motor to the frame, yet)

# Press the Open function - motor turns and stops (10 turns I think)

# Press the Close function - the motor turns and parks

# Disconnect the plug (so it doesn't move inadvertently)

The motor is now set: re-fit it to the frame - ASSUMING the roof is in the closed position.

Before investing in another motor, disconnect it from the frame and see if it moves on its own.

The switch could be faulty.

As the roof closed manually, the roof mechanism should be ok.

Cheers mate all sorted now and that settingbof motor helped s lot