The other day I got a 2000 vr6 Jetta there is a noise in the motor it's like a tapping noise /knock to me it sounds like a vavle tap the car still runs storng and hard a shop told me it was button half of my motor another shop told me a vavle tap I did a oil change hoping the noise would stop I used 5w-30 but the noise is still there on a scale 1-10 the sound is like a 5 not so loud but loud enough I need to know should I keep driving the car or will it blow I drove it over 500 miles with it making this noise and it hasn't gotting worse ND my car still drives perfect I just have that stupid noise.. please email me @ Brandon.faul@aol.com or call/text 845-764-7315

Knock and tap are 2 different things. 

Run the car and get a long flat head screw driver, place the tip on the Charcoal Cannister, ear to handle of screwdriver, if its not there place the Screwdriver on the inlet, same thing and listen. 

Doing an oil change if Lifters should make a change or change oil to thicker grade.. 

If its the lifters.. 

Mj

On 27/11/2017 at 2:48 AM, Brandon said:

so0 i went to a shop they said it was the lower half of the motor.. now he couldent rely give me a answer but i drove about 300 miles or more with the motor making this noise it hasent gotten worse nor beter.. so dose that mean my engine has life in it still or not rely 

Do an oil change.

Would be quite suprised if its the bottom end.

Mj