[SOLD] What's it worth?? Golf VR6 Highline

Hi, looking for help on how to value my VR6 Highline.... it's been in dry storage for the last year or two and in the family for the last 10 years. It's done 129k miles with 16 stamps in the service book. Full spec from new with air con, electric sunroof, heated leather and limited edition wooden steering wheel and gearknob. I've had the arches done properly a year or so ago and the only rust I can find is just starting as you open the front doors. Only other bad points are the drivers heated seat not working and the air con isn't cold but I know that's just gas so will get that done. 7 owners but 3 of those are us. Just passed its yearly outing to mot. Completely original car other than the Chameleon CD player. Full closure Sigma Thatcham Approved Alarm & Immobiliser with Certification and lots of other paperwork and invoices. Its just been under cover in my unit as I don't get the time to use it as all my time and money is spent on a Sierra Cosworth project. Don't particularly want to sell it but the Cossie is eating at my finances so any help with if it's worth much or not would be gratefully received. Any questions I'm happy to answer.  Many thanks in advance.......

IMG_7841.JPG

IMG_7842.JPG

IMG_7843.JPG

IMG_7844.JPG

IMG_7845.JPG

IMG_7846.JPG

IMG_7847.JPG

IMG_7848.JPG

IMG_7849.JPG

IMG_7850.JPG

IMG_7851.JPG

IMG_7852.JPG

IMG_7853.JPG

IMG_7854.JPG

IMG_7855.JPG

IMG_7856.JPG

IMG_7857.JPG

IMG_7858.JPG

IMG_7859.JPG

IMG_7860.JPG

IMG_7861.JPG

IMG_7863.JPG

IMG_7864.JPG

IMG_7867.JPG

Edited by benjamins2005

Looks well in the pictures without a doubt. On what its worth? Hard to say really, its as we all know, its worth what someone's willing to pay...?

There are a couple of Mulberry Highlines on Fleabay at the moment for around £5000, whether they get that for them or not? Remains to be seen.

It would appear 3 doors are more sort after, although I have a 5 door Highline (Black) and the wife owns a 3 door Mulberry, its all down to personal preference?

Price wise, unless anyone else wants to correct me and say differently?  I say seeing as how its standard ete, etc, I say its got to be worth atleast £2500, £3000. Probably more?

Just my thoughts on the matter mind, and its in no way shape or form intended to offend anyone on the price of what these cars are either worth and or should sell for. :ph34r:

Hope it helps?;)

On 05/11/2017 at 7:04 PM, VR6 Supercharged said:

Looks well in the pictures without a doubt. On what its worth? Hard to say really, its as we all know, its worth what someone's willing to pay...?

There are a couple of Mulberry Highlines on Fleabay at the moment for around £5000, whether they get that for them or not? Remains to be seen.

It would appear 3 doors are more sort after, although I have a 5 door Highline (Black) and the wife owns a 3 door Mulberry, its all down to personal preference?

Price wise, unless anyone else wants to correct me and say differently?  I say seeing as how its standard ete, etc, I say its got to be worth atleast £2500, £3000. Probably more?

Just my thoughts on the matter mind, and its in no way shape or form intended to offend anyone on the price of what these cars are either worth and or should sell for. :ph34r:

Hope it helps?;)

Thanks, you are exactly right, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I haven't paid attention to prices recently so thought I'd ask the question on here so I appreciate any input, good or bad. 

I have listed it on eBay for £4500 with offers accepted so will see if any offers come in. There is a big difference between advertising something for a price and achieving a sale at that price so will just see what happens. I'd like to think it's worth at least 3000-3500 but again, selling it will be the proof (I'd probably be inclined to keep it if it turns out to be worth any less). I wouldn't be selling it if the cosworth wasn't nearly breaking me!

Thanks again for taking the time to have a look 

I've just been searching for another VR6 and judging what I've seen, I'd say you could ask 3000 and expect to get 2500. The rust goes against it, as does the high-ish milage. I've just got one from ebay auction with 108k miles, 3 door highline for under 1700. I know people are asking 3500-5000 but they're not selling. There will be buyers out there willing to spend the money on a tidy one. I paid 3500 for one a couple of years ago but that was one owner and 50k miles. GLWS

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, benjamins2005 said:

Thanks, you are exactly right, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I haven't paid attention to prices recently so thought I'd ask the question on here so I appreciate any input, good or bad. 

I have listed it on eBay for £4500 with offers accepted so will see if any offers come in. There is a big difference between advertising something for a price and achieving a sale at that price so will just see what happens. I'd like to think it's worth at least 3000-3500 but again, selling it will be the proof (I'd probably be inclined to keep it if it turns out to be worth any less). I wouldn't be selling it if the cosworth wasn't nearly breaking me!

Thanks again for taking the time to have a look 

No worries. Good luck with the sale.. :D

• 1 month later...

Hi All, just wanted to say thanks for your help and feedback and to update this thread. I sold the car to a very nice guy locally through eBay for just under £3500 which we were both happy with and he has promised to look after it. 

It was a lovely car and I'm glad it has gone to a good home. 

Thanks again.....

Edited by benjamins2005