Vr6 turning over but not starting

Good evening,

This is one of my first posts and I need some advice or an answer if anyone knows. I have recently acquired a vr6 mk3 ob2 97 I'm a complete novice with the vr6 so I'm only a newbie. So I thought best service the car done the oil and filter let it have a good run  (ran spot on) and I have gone to do the plugs a week later. Now I changed all the plugs but in the process snapped a HT lead they are very tattered to start with. So I ordered a new set 8mm ones replaced just the one lead that was broken to test but the car won't start but does turn over. The car has sat a week or two before replacing the lead. So I have now removed all the new plugs and checked them, all OK and they all smell of petrol as expected. Fitted them back and also replaced all the leads for the new set. Still won't start. I'm suspecting the battery at the minute as when the car tries to start the dash lights dim and the battery light also dims. The oil light however blinks on and off. This slightly concerns me. I's this normal when the battery acts up or is there something daft I'm missing. It must be me playing with the ignition or the fact the car has sat and the battery has gone flat. I tried jumping it but not for long didn't give it enough time to charge really as I didn't have enough time. Any help would be appreciated. Love the noise these things make carnt wait to hear it again.

Thanks

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your VR6.

The VR6 is the same as any other engine - the air, fuel and spark need to be in the same place at the same time!

It should run if it ran before - you did change the HT leads one at a time?

Definitely fully charge the battery before anything else.

For info, some cars have a plastic tube thing (slid onto the bonnet prop) which removes the HT leads from the spark plugs.

Thanks for your reply dude I have managed to get her going it was the battery. I was in the same mind set as you were saying spark fuel air etc.  Not enough juice in the battery, went and got her a new one today for £55 started straight away.  Those HT leads are a bugger to pop on I have bought a tool off ebay to help i used the plastic one but after a few attempts it broke. Thanks again.