how to correctly use touch up paint?

as tital suggests,when i use my vw touch up paint it always looks,well,touched up and crap!and what you supposed to do with the clear laquar paint?when i add this on top of the touch up it looks even worse,are you supposed to flat it down with a very light wet and dry?after the base coat?

clean the chip if its a bad one even with a bit of cure rust if its bare metal , then apply the basecoat (if its mettalic) and leave it to dry a few days, once you have covered the chip it stops the corrosion getting in and then you can "build" the paint back up and then put the laquer layer on once its all dry, & give it a polish, the trick is not to rush the job and it will look 10 times better but never perfect! it just helps take the eye off any obvious chips usually on the biggest flatest panel!! the bonnet! Uuuuggghh

1200 - 2000 wet n dry (very wet) and a good mop and polish. Use one of your lass' tiny weeny lipstick brushes to put the smallest amount of paint in (should put you in the good books).

This should just about knacker your paint, but if you're patient you might pull off a decent job... so to speak. Best to get a body shop to airbrush it and cut it back.

• 7 months later...

I wouldnt use ultra deep shine i used some and the car comes up extremely shiny unti u get the sunlight on it and see all the swirls on it I think its too harsh for my mustic blue pearl paint ive gone back to using super resin polish and then the extra gloss protection and extremely clean dusters!

• 3 months later...