Has anyone tried the ST sport suspension by KW on their cars? I had mine installed back in July and after 3 weeks the fronts began squeaking. Went to garage to book it in to be looked at, then 2 days after had the accident. (See: are u a lurker post.) Car's back on the road however, another damper has just blown after being replaced. 

WTF?!

Does anyone have any suggestions about another brand? I don't want coilovers though. Am thinking these ones can't stand the weight of the engine! And everything underneath the car is brand new. (Damn thing wants for nothing! Heh.) 

Edited by DerPanzerWagen

I had the Weitecs now formally known as ST. 

It was a good firm ride. Handled so well.

Myself and one of my boys purchased the same kit at the time. 

Both VR’s. 

I now have an R32 with the same set up. 

ST Coilovers and it had not given me no probs. 

MJ

C20805A9-4192-4B79-BC02-833A79147390.jpeg

Edited by MJ Vr6

Yeah that's the thing. I used to have a set of ST by KW on another golf I had and these were fantastic. So I thought I'd get the same, but for the v6. After 2 weeks, the ride settled down and all was well. No problems and just as nice. Really mad after what happened. 

Thinking of getting something cheap as a spare for the moment now and putting proper stuff on in the new year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2017 at 11:21 PM, DerPanzerWagen said:

Definitely the shocks! We replaced them with my old ones and the squeak totally went. Have sent the stuff back to KW UK now, so will wait and see. 

Added you back btw.

Cheers. 

Let me know how it all goes as I hope I dont have issues.

So far all hunky dory!! ?

Mj

1 hour ago, DerPanzerWagen said:

Had an email this afternoon from KW. Doesn't sound as though they want to honour the warranty. So I replied with a load of questions I want answers to. Ultimately they're covering themselves in the hope I leave it. 

Yeh just carry on, its not like them to fob you off though which does not make sense.....?

Been a week now and still no answers... Emailed the video of the squeak too. Maybe they are just to deaf to hear that thing! Car doesn't make that noise anymore but I am running some old shocks and springs that feel similar to how the KW set felt a few minutes before the incident... Like driving a bouncy castle: costs a quid, (low mpg) bounce around for 10 minutes, (antiquated suspension) before being thrown off for being sick, (too much jumping).

No joy yet. Have sent their masters an email asking them to let me know when it arrives in the Fatherland. I nearly coughed up a lung when KW & DPM offered the kit to my insurance company. They were 'WTF are we gonna want with it? We have enough paperweights and umbrella stands in the office as it is.' Turns out they'd only send the kit back to KW anyhow!

3 minutes ago, DerPanzerWagen said:

I've gotten bored with waiting. DPM will have to get a refund in the next 7 days or things will get costly for him.

Worst case scenario send a CCJ out. 

Had to do that with a company from Essex that sold me a dodgy set of Coilys 2years back. Got my moneys back + fees. 

Mj