Donor car advice

Hi

I'm looking for information on the best car./setup to buy to put on to a kit car

I have no Idea how many vr6 types are available or have any vw/audi knowledge but I am a technician

I'm looking to put a vr6 and 4x4 transmission in to a 2003 mini, abd want to keep obd2

Best engine and what model urs in

Best transmission etc

Any links or information would be much appreciated

Any of the later stuff (around 2005-ish?) would be the "best", as long as you get the complete car - everything is coded together: ECU/dash/keys/transmission.

Some cars have the dual clutch transmission, others manual. You have the options of Mk4 & Mk5 Golf (and derivatives) also Audi models, such as the TT... Anything post-1996 is OBD2 compliant.

You are best searching on here - there are plenty of members  who have updated their cars, and written about them.

Don't underestimate the work required - good luck!

No problems. I don't know everything about other models. But I currently have a mk4 4motion. It's a 2.8 24v vr6. Strong engine (bde) code and the gearbox (drp) code which is running around 535 ftlb of torque through it. So can take some beating. Maybe worth a look into these as they come with a vr6 engine plus 4 motion running gear. Then just to figure out how to transfer everything over. Big job 

Best would be V6 4 Motion as it has everything you need; is cheap, getting a donor under a grand, it has a good ME7 ecu which is easier to tune than the older stuff with chip removals, more info on tuning on the web etc. Lots of welding but I presume you know that!?

Immo off is probably the easiest thing to do with the ecu but it's not too difficult if you know what to do, they are central torque ecu's on V6 (ME7.1.1.) so use the pedal box, use injectors/engine etc - as much of loom as you can, maf - those 3 are the main points you need to run right really, maf/inject/pedal - some wiring/loom changes with such conversions, coding out using those bases is easy compared to piddling about with an old 12v ecu, plus, mk3's are going for decent amounts or are more limited in number!