Hi all I'm having a prob with the mrs v6 4 mo intermittent starting I have plugged in my vag com and it's coming up with a control module prob. I have looked into the po605 code and ppl are saying about a 3" pipe in the ecm ( ecu ) does this sound familiar to anyone and is it an easy fix? 

If it still does it, could be bad ecu or could be power loss by short, I’d check all your loom out of the waterfall and underneath your battery tray, look for any exposed or cracked wires.

I’d check every thing I could and make sure all of your wires and stuff are good before spending cash on a new ecu.

Would this stop the fuel pump from priming? As I have noticed when the pump doesn't prime it won't start so if you keep trying and eventually you hear the pump prime it will start. I have also read if the door module is faulty this can stop it starting. Is this true? Thanks 

It's doing my nut in lol she will start it up fine then go to the shop and when she comes out it won't start ? I'm more swayed to the door module due the the priming issue and it's prob the cheapest fix for now lol thanks for your info will also try looking into them ??

ah I know what your saying bud. It's just with the fuel pump priming off the drivers door that is what was making me go in this direction. It needs a new door module anyway as the interior lights and puddle light don't work with the door open. It's got to be worth a shot. I'm not 100% this will fix it but it's another thing that does need fixing. It is giving me a PO605 code on the  vag com

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a new door mec that has sorted the puddle light and interior light but didn't do anything with the starting issues. Tried to change the fuel pump relay no: 409 and that hasn't worked so it's looking like an ecu fault ? 

Edited by vr6 bez
  • 1 month later...