Corrado Vr6 overhaul

Hi there I'm going to be recommissioning my corrado vr6 and eventually selling it. Is there a good guide anywhere with regards to recommissioning a dormant Vr6 engine. It's been sat for a while and doesn't want to idle and runs very rich. It's done 100,000 miles produces a little blue smoke on acceleration and has a slight top end knock when started from cold.

I don't want to tear it to pieces if I don't have to. Any help or pointers much appreciated.

Edited by daniboy1_2_3

Apologies if this is in the wrong section and for not introducing myself properly. I'm Dan and live in the north east in Darlington. I've owned corrados since 2007 when I bought my first g60 and i also own a mk1 golf which is almost ready to get a respray in a bodyshop in Middlesbrough. The g60 unfortunately had to be broken for parts and I then purchased the vr6 I own today.

I salvaged parts from the g60 and have built a 16vg60 engine which is sat in my dad's garage ready to go into the mk1 golf one day soon I hope. Anyway that's me, hello to you all :)