Improving performance and power. Best place to start.

Morning @Darkhorsepower

What is your budget? Do you plan to keep N/A ?

Can recommend a BMC CDA if you are planning on keeping NA, they give a great sound. some 263 or 268 cams would also give some performance yields, of course would need to be remapped and would recommend a live rolling road mapping session at stealth racing for example.

One modification overlooked is a 3.68 final drive in the gearbox, this will turn the somewhat lazy VR6 into a real animal on the road with instant acceleration available in almost any gear. It will involve removal of the gearbox, and installation of a 3.68 final drive from a G60 for example.

I have this in my gearbox and its an animal on the road (even before I fitted my supercharger!)

Of course if have a bigger budget and want to go forced induction then you will get much more value (£/BHP) than going down the NA path.

Good morning Pete.

Thanks for your very considered reply to my query. At this stage I would prefer to keep my vehicle normally aspirated. To go "too mad" would also require uprated braking and suspension systems with all the associated costs of these items. I was thinking of a BMC CDA (details please!) and a new exhaust (recommendations?) with a view to new cams (as the tappets could do with replacement anyway). In other words, stuff I might be able to do in my garage over the winter!! When all this is done, I was thinking of putting in a new chip but (knowing my luck) I'm sure it can't be that straightforward.