I converted my 24V MK4 to the Valeo solid mass flywheel kit, I won't do that again if I had the chance. 

Gearbox rattle(chatter) started, I know its not harmful, but its annoying, the car is silent and this just takes away of the charm of the car (also takes away the smoothness when changing gears).

Also, changing gears becomes more "solid", its fun if you go out for sporty driving, not fun at all for daily driving, also when taking off you'd need a bit more RPM and hold them a bit longer if you want the smoothness that you had previously, basicly it makes the car a bit harder to drive for daily driving, and its just hell with the AC on, its fun only for sporty driving.

Don't do it if you can afford the DMF kit. Yes its cheaper, yes you'll never have to change it again, but honestly, now that I have done it, I regret it.

I am pretty sure it won't prevent the chatter, OEM or not, the chatter happens because since the DMF is gone there is nothing to dampen the vibrations, the clutch has springs on it but its not enough, the gearbox was calculated with the DMF damper, not 4 small springs on a clutch (its not a weight issue for sure I weighted both clutches and they had almost no difference, and I would expect the solid one to be much more balanced than a flywheel that is made up of several parts). The chatter is only when the car is idling (and its not all the time) or if you are driving on first gear and very low rpm, like 10 km/h. The main issue for me is that its not suitable for daily driving (in traffic), if you're going out only for sporty driving and you have another daily driver car, then this won't be an issue. Like I said I also like it for sporty/aggressive driving, but thats as far as it gets.

I am also not sure if the 12v will even fit, since the 12v and 24v have different gearboxes as far as I know (not 100% sure)?

Edited by Darkbound