• 1 month later...

Well went for it and got myself one,Thought I'd try it.

changed haldex oil and filter at the same time.

Awsome difference taking her out for the first time.

gives you confidence and feels more planted.

Feels really smooth also, was expecting it to be really harsh. 

20170728_191959.jpg

Hi, Road or Track? any binding when turning or reversing? as its 50/50 all the time are you expect the fuel consumption to go up? my Rado is being converted from Syncro to Haldex by the phirm and i have been looking for a controller although they think they can come up with something, i will let you know.

thanks for sharing

s

Road and drag strip. 

Not experienced any binding which I was Suprised at.

I have also wired in a switch so I can run front wheel drive or constant 50/50. So driving around town just use fwd. Going on a long drive this week so will run it 50/50 and see how effects fuel. 

Yeah let us know how you get on. Good to hear how people manage different ways of doing it. 

9 hours ago, motorrob said:

Road and drag strip. 

Not experienced any binding which I was Suprised at.

I have also wired in a switch so I can run front wheel drive or constant 50/50. So driving around town just use fwd. Going on a long drive this week so will run it 50/50 and see how effects fuel. 

Yeah let us know how you get on. Good to hear how people manage different ways of doing it. 

Hi, thanks. dont burn the fuel for my benefit!  switch wired to the precharge pump? i have read thats how others have done it. i have seen a few comments that it would wear clutch packs etc out but the cost of a rear diff 2nd hand is a couple of hundred now so cant see it being a major problem.

i may drop you a line in a month or 2 to see how your getting on.

cheers

s

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tend not to change while driving. Just wait at traffic lights. Although I have done it. 

From 2wd to constant 50 works well. 

From constant to 2 wd it seems likes a little time for the oil to escape from the haldex unit (clutch) 

30 seconds or so. I did try it on a ramp

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...