Z engineering on standard injectors

After scouring the web i can only find the original installation manual for z engineering on the parts list theres no mention of larger injectors as ive fitted 310cc injectors and its a zr1 with cogged pulley i presumed i would have to upgrade injectors for forced induction i have fitted them and running a united motorsports chip obd1 vr6 supercharged dizzy model im still running rich its that rich my oil catch can is smoking with the vapours of fuel.can these z chargers run on the standard injectors or is there a happy medium between the standard injectors and 310cc injectors? Cheers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes i have mate I had mine remapped at stealth

Postman was decent this morning eventually received my valve.

We had a 'guess gaz's horsepower game' at work before it went for mapping!! Lol You will need to run it hard after, as they dont make 6psi till about 6000-6500rpm!!

Posted Images

Yeah im nowhere near 8psi its a zr1 shell and zr1 impeller with a cogged pulley to stop slippage the vr has a 4 bar fpr as standard i maybe jumped the gun by fitting larger injectors.yeah maf is nearly a metre away from charger

Yeah im nowhere near 8psi its a zr1 shell and zr1 impeller with a cogged pulley to stop slippage the vr has a 4 bar fpr as standard i maybe jumped the gun by fitting larger injectors.yeah maf is nearly a metre away from charger

Is the chip for standard injectors or the uprated ones?

Thing is i have the details from united motorsports regarding the chip from email stating its a stage 1boost vr6 obd1 distributor model he said its plug and play all pre mapped.which i was hoping to have popped in and road test tjen get it mapped

Technically I don't work on obd1 stuff anymore.

I have a few obd1 chips left.

I have 30# inj. Stock MAF tune for dizzy obd1 cars.

You can put the maf after the blower. Best to to relocate the MAF to the

driver's side of the car,

to get it away from all the blower turbulence.

Best is connected before the blower.

If you would like to try it out this comes with little/no support.

I cannot support these older cars anymore.

Let me know if you are interested.

If you decide to convert the motor to run on OBD2 ecu, I have a many

more tunes available.

-Jeffrey Atwood

United Motorsport

Yeah blue temp doing its job ohms changing on heating up.i changed the fpr no difference but im still running the digifant fuel pump just now and that maxed out reaches only 3.5 bar.i have the 16v kjet 60mm pump ready to bolt on which will give me more pressure maf is working fine.new plugs fitted all gapped fine.only last 2 things is the 30lb injectors and the chip thats fitted.the injectors have been dry stored in my garage for 3 years might have a sticky injector.i started it up tonight still very slight hunting on the revs not a lot but i hear it then when i rev it stationary above 3krpm it stinks of fuel black smoke from exhaust then it clears.i might remove injectors with rail and do a spray and volume test see how they are spraying and how much the 6 of them produce in jars/bottles.as in email jeff stated its obd1 for 30lb injectors so either duff/sticking injector or too much flow from them as the chargers only stage1 nothing changed

Just realised maybe can be a problem the injectors i have fitted are Lucas D1720BA they are rated 3 bar my digifant fuel pump runs 3bar my fuel pressure regulator is 4 bar im wondering if i am over pressuring the injectors running them at there maximum levels.

I think fitting a 3 bar reg will lower fuel to injector rail.what i was thinking is the fuel pressure regulator wont open until it hits 4 bar and since injectors flow 310cc at 3bar they will be flowing more fuel at idle as the regulator wont open till 4bar since im away to fit a higher pressure pump to cope with fuel needs i think the injector pressures should be rated at the same or higher than regulator which the regulator would regulate the fuel under the injector maximum pressure.my vr is the early vr with a 4bar regulator as standard so i might just refit my original injectors see how it goes

Maybe is worth after thinking about it changing fuel pressure regulator to 3 bar as the injectors i have fitted are rated 3 bar but more flow.maybe the reasons they leave standard injectors in and upping the fuel pressure regulator to 4 bar is to push more flow thru standard injectors whereas if i leave the 310cc injectors fitted lower fuel pressure regulator it may be fine till i get a remap.as i said its a standard charger wont be producing much psi so the decrease in fuel pressure may help with the ones fitted