Z engineering on standard injectors

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes i have mate I had mine remapped at stealth

Postman was decent this morning eventually received my valve.

We had a 'guess gaz's horsepower game' at work before it went for mapping!! Lol You will need to run it hard after, as they dont make 6psi till about 6000-6500rpm!!

Posted Images

It recircs air back through charger when throttle is closed mate

I might use one ive just read up there a requirement on a supercharged car using a maf.it makes sense at idle the maf can only read the air between maf and throttle body which would be a dead head which inturn can make it run rich as the maf isnt reading a flow.if i fit a recirculating one the maf can then read a flow at idle.Bugger means altering pipework not too hard i suppose.any recommendations for a recirculating type? I can pipe in between outlet and throttle body for valve and pipe from valve to a joint i have at inlet of charger
On 6/26/2017 at 10:16 PM, boab3 said:

Looking like a 7 hour trip down to vince.definitley not taking the chance driving down drive home should be pleasant tho emoji16.png. Just need a form of transport to take it down.will update soon

Vince did me a "safe map" before I went down there so I could at least drive it without worrying, it was still running quite rich mind as the plugs were sooted up quite badly but I had been driving it around for a few weeks before going for a map. 

I might use one ive just read up there a requirement on a supercharged car using a maf.it makes sense at idle the maf can only read the air between maf and throttle body which would be a dead head which inturn can make it run rich as the maf isnt reading a flow.if i fit a recirculating one the maf can then read a flow at idle.Bugger means altering pipework not too hard i suppose.any recommendations for a recirculating type? I can pipe in between outlet and throttle body for valve and pipe from valve to a joint i have at inlet of charger

I used a genuine vw one(bosch) from the 1.8t engine or buy a forge one if you want bling lol

I used a genuine vw one(bosch) from the 1.8t engine or buy a forge one if you want bling lol

Yeah i asked for more pocket money so hopefully have a shiny one.is the standard vag one preset?whats the hose sizes for them?
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
17 hours ago, mk2vrsix said:

@boab3 hey dude did you manage to fit the valve up ? How did it run? I have a zr1 set up on my vr but no recirculation valve so was thinking about it !

Hi mate ive just literally plumbed it in yesterday just awaiting another silicone hose to connect to bottom of the diverter valve.here's hoping it cures my rich running at idle. I'll keep you posted 

• 2 weeks later...

Well plumbed in and running its a bit better but still a bit rich.decided to have a look at valve aghhhh its been uprated to yellow spring thats 15-23psi no way will it open under vacuum with that hefty spring and very little pressure  so new green spring on its way from forge thats 5-15psi so hopefully vacuum will open it easily at idle now.it is much better just now but i'll change to a lighter spring and update ASAP 

Screenshot_20180414-165422.png

20180414_154839.jpg

Edited by boab3
  • 1 month later...

Ok so was still bit rough on idle really digging deep to source whats going on.checked wires from maf and lambda back to ecu all good.crank sensir slightly below limits so i replaced it but still the same.

Next up was dizzy and leads checked then last 2 things I'd forgotten about knock sensors even tho there only a microphone they retard timing by 12 degrees no good to me early spark with big injectors and lots of fuel.well turned out rear knock sensor bolt was loose sensor rattling around and its now not reading anything with multimeter.glad i had a spare new one fitted and running smooth

Front knock sensor cracked aswell giving a false reading to ecu retarding ignition so awaiting new sensor.

With regards to isv whats folk done with there isv?what happens to this under boost? As ive no t off the outlet of charger to throttle bodybody i was going to t into before charger but after maf so it has a suction of metered air.just i plugged vcds in and throttle angle was sitting at 33 degrees with foot off pedal ive read it should be 14 degrees but as i deleted my isv previously i screwed up the throttle screw to get a fine idle.so now im going back to setting idle angle back to 14 degrees and fit isv to supply my idle just not sure how the isv is plumbed into a charged motor.