Mk3 golf VR6 slight misfire at low rpm once warm.

Hi everyone on way to my mates today to put car on a code reading machine and I was driving all a bit sluggish then it just start firing on 5 plugs it was horrible no power sounded terrible worse than my old stock car then I got to my mates before we put it on the reader I pulled out new spark plug leads he found that one was weaker by checking power ov leads and one was down on numbers I don't understand it all so changed the one lead and bang the car was back to full throttle again no loss of power so it was a broken lead in the end after Changing everything oh well should be good for a while now with all the new things I put on it trying to find faults thanks everyone for advice. But mj vr6 had it right in the end thanks bud u knew. And they were magnicore leads aswell.

On 16/09/2017 at 8:52 PM, Nick1974 said:

Hi everyone on way to my mates today to put car on a code reading machine and I was driving all a bit sluggish then it just start firing on 5 plugs it was horrible no power sounded terrible worse than my old stock car then I got to my mates before we put it on the reader I pulled out new spark plug leads he found that one was weaker by checking power ov leads and one was down on numbers I don't understand it all so changed the one lead and bang the car was back to full throttle again no loss of power so it was a broken lead in the end after Changing everything oh well should be good for a while now with all the new things I put on it trying to find faults thanks everyone for advice. But mj vr6 had it right in the end thanks bud u knew. And they were magnicore leads aswell.

Glad you got it sorted man.. 

Could only be one thing.. 

I never had upgraded to them leads, always kept them OEM. 

The only advantage with those Magnicore leads is that it gives you a tad better spark. 

Nothing else.. 

Any other issues just drop me a message. 

Hope to see some of you VR Heads down at Westside Sunday..