Mk3 golf VR6 slight misfire at low rpm once warm.

Have had a little search around but can't seem to find the answer, car has done a few miles but I try and maintain it to a high standard.

Magnicor leads

Just had iridium plugs

Fitted new coil pack on Friday (which was cracked)

But can't seem to solve this issue, best way to describe it is imagine your going to pull out of a junction normally and just apply slight throttle to pull away and you get a stutter.

Annoying because you can drive to car right through the rev range and not Experience it.

Car isn't heavily modified just de cat and a panel filter?

Can anyone help?

IMG_5026.JPG

23 hours ago, Olly_Snow said:

Have had a little search around but can't seem to find the answer, car has done a few miles but I try and maintain it to a high standard.

Magnicor leads

Just had iridium plugs

Fitted new coil pack on Friday (which was cracked)

But can't seem to solve this issue, best way to describe it is imagine your going to pull out of a junction normally and just apply slight throttle to pull away and you get a stutter.

Annoying because you can drive to car right through the rev range and not Experience it.

Car isn't heavily modified just de cat and a panel filter?

Can anyone help?

IMG_5026.JPG

Unplug Maf when car is off, start, will run lumpy for 30sec to a min, Will settle down and see if it makes a difference at all? 

When re plugging it back on, no Vag Com is neccesary, just plug it, start it, do around  10 miles and it will adapt itself. 

If its not that MAF, do the same with the CTS. 

Mj

Hi Olly had a similar issue on my mk3 vr6 turned out to be the wiring into the maf sensor one of the wires was slightly frayed . As you revved it just pulled the cable slightly when the engine moved and cause the hesitation/stutter you mention . It might be worth just checking that your vacuum pipes are all intact (check the one at the front into the manifold) even a small leak can give you the same symptoms
Cheers mark

• 1 month later...

It appears this issue is not solved, however it did go away for a good 3 weeks its back again ??‍♂️

So again

New plugs
New coil pack
New blue temp sensor
Throttle body cleaned

Drives me mad, the car drives so well and then all of a sudden this stutter when pulling away it's so odd!

Any help would be awesome

42 minutes ago, Olly_Snow said:

Ok, I have ran the car on idele wiggling them at the coil end and also the plug end, is there a better method to use to check them?

Thanks for the help emoji1360.png

Does this happen when car is cold or warm? 

Its just a thought with the leads as Ive had the issue and saw the actual lead spark, but that was on Original HT Leads. At the time OEM leads were available, easy fix, hence why I thought you should check yours. 

I know these manufacturers give warranty etc, these things can happen. 

Its just one thing to delete from this ongoing scenario you have mate.. ??

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers mark iv changed crank sensor cam sensor new plugs new pump new petrol filter done relay. And changed maf and it still is the same. Now it's seems more reg cutting out every now and then at lights Ect stuttering in various rev ranges a lot in low revs between 12000 when u drive at 30 mph. Range a lot ov loss ov power u can put your foot on on power and it's not there then put your foot down past it and it drives fine through gears goin to change leads c if it could be them dought it but Got to try. I'm at the end ov thoughts Gona c if my mate can look at electrics head shot. On this.