On 17/06/2017 at 10:13 AM, Ashy said:

Hi everyone

just wondering what upgrades i can do to my vr6,  i've had a engine conversion and it's in a mark 3 golf cab.  Just wonderig what is available what best to do, along with price!! Many thanks in advance

What do you ideally want out of the Car?

Serious power gains or just decent power..

Initially, slap a 6 branch, nice zorst sytem, decent induction kit and then take a trip to Uncle Vince and get it mapped, 

OR slap a set of Cams in there before going to Vinces with all the above upgrades.. 

Next move would be F.I. ?

On 6/17/2017 at 10:13 AM, Ashy said:

Hi everyone

just wondering what upgrades i can do to my vr6,  i've had a engine conversion and it's in a mark 3 golf cab.  Just wonderig what is available what best to do, along with price!! Many thanks in advance

As said above, depends what you want out of the car :)

Do you have a budget in mind? 

Hi guys, money isnt a issue ill pay whatever as i love m'car!!

id be looking to get more hp out of it so she has a little more spice to her:)

already have a striaght thru scorpion exhaust system on her so suppose i should get the rest of materials, eg6 branch and induction kit:p

1 hour ago, Ashy said:

And ive just basically had a engine rebuild aswell i forgot to say, so she's good as new? Also do you know of any prefered suppliers for these parts or is it just worth asking around

Did you do anything to the head at all??

Or did you leave it standard. 

I see you went for the Scorpion, I couldnt resist and had gone for the Jetex when I had my VR. 

My 6branch at the time was purchased via Link below. 

Have always dealt with them and never had any issue.

Also changed Thermostat to early opener as the V6 hates the heat. Always ran cooler.

By passed the water hoses to Throttle, in theory in this weather you wanna keep things cooler, under that bay, its hot enough as you must know. 

Induction, what are you going for? 

Years back im sure Pete must remember we all went for a big fcuk off Ram Air Kit.. 

The noise/grunt from the VR was amazing but due to the summer we found that it was drawing alot of heat to the engine as well.. 

I think those Carbonia or whatever its called is a good piece of kit.. 

Link:

http://www.dubpower.co.uk/VR6 parts.HTM

Head gasket got reconditioned at the time of the rebuild! Not sure if its standard or not will have to have alook tomorrow, the scorpion came with the car!! Along with a load of old vr6 enthusiast magazines,

think i might have to copy you with the early theromstat opening as my car does get real real hot!!!! Instead ot putting a "fk off" ram air kit on it just putting a straight thru air feed from my headlight/ blanks underneath headlights