Hi guys! Ling time lurker here. From the Philippines. I have a mk2 golf and I've been wanting to swap in a vr6 engine. I need advice, tips on how to make this easier. Being in the Philippines, sourcing out parts will be hard that's why I want to gather everything so i can ship everything at once. This will be i believe the first vr6 swapped mk2 in the country if it's finished.IMG_1034.JPG

Easiest way would be to get a mk3 subfame, with all the mounts and it should slot right in, maybe few cut & shuts inside the engine bay, as for mk2 shell would be best to reinforce n sort out before transplant, I've done the same conversion myself but tore the engine off the frame since it's supercharged & want properly reinforced to the chassis, had to rebuild anchor points, will tryn get you some pics tomorrow at some point, and the parts paperwork listed, best of luck with your project

Easiest way would be to get a mk3 subfame, with all the mounts and it should slot right in, maybe few cut & shuts inside the engine bay, as for mk2 shell would be best to reinforce n sort out before transplant, I've done the same conversion myself but tore the engine off the frame since it's supercharged & want properly reinforced to the chassis, had to rebuild anchor points, will tryn get you some pics tomorrow at some point, and the parts paperwork listed, best of luck with your project

Which points would be needing reinforcement?

Anchor points, where subfame fasteners go through, we just welded in steel plates with threaded holes for the bolts, also would highly recommend to strut brace the top of the suspension mounts front and back, and if you're driving hard then stiffer sway bars but standard mk3 ones are good enough for street n fast rd speeds, last thing you want is to twist the mk2 chassis with the vr6 so I was told

1496748369987.jpeg1496748417010.jpeg

There's the parts list and pic of conversation, looking for the pics I'd taken at the time of building but not found them just yet, will get em to you if or when.i do find em, yeah the parts are relatively interchangeable, but most of my enforcement support fabrications were done just to be on the safe side since it's supercharged & didn't wana run any risks of warping the chassis

It's not an issue, the mk3 subfame has the engine mount locations on it so ready all you need is the subfame fastened onto the mk2 chassis and the rest basically assembles straight to it

So its the subframe and not the crossmember that's needed? Not quite getting it... lol IMG_1115.JPG