Breaking in period on clutch and flywheel

Got a supercharged vr6, just had new lightened flywheel & clutch fitted, still seems to be slipping in drive n just revving over without actually delivering any Power or drive

If I really really really granny drive I can get it to eventually pick up speed without it slipping, but who with a supercharged vr6 can bare that...

What exactly is this break in period and how exactly am I to go about it, on the parts info sheets it mentions 500mile break in period? ? ?

Anyone know anything about this

Got a supercharged vr6, just had new lightened flywheel & clutch fitted, still seems to be slipping in drive n just revving over without actually delivering any Power or drive
If I really really really granny drive I can get it to eventually pick up speed without it slipping, but who with a supercharged vr6 can bare that...

What exactly is this break in period and how exactly am I to go about it, on the parts info sheets it mentions 500mile break in period? ? ?

Anyone know anything about this

I'm pretty sure the breaking in period is only for the clutch plate to bed in. It shouldn't be slipping regardless. Have you tried bleeding it up again? What kind of peddle are you getting?

Peddle Used to feel alot stiffer on the old clutch n biting point was little wider and further back then it is now
all 4 parts are new pressure plate through out bearing clutch & flywheel
No only bled it out the once on both sides could it be the wrong fluid inside it might be wrong?

I'm pretty sure the breaking in period is only for the clutch plate to bed in. It shouldn't be slipping regardless. Have you tried bleeding it up again? What kind of peddle are you getting?

Peddle Used to feel alot stiffer on the old clutch n biting point was little wider and further back then it is now
No only bled it out the once on both sides could it be the wrong fluid inside it might be wrong?

Not a charged vr but I had to do a gearbox change after mine blew a hole in the casing.. and it needed about 500 miles to fully settle.. it would slip with power.. it was so frustrating.. I was racking my brain and about to pull the box out again but didn't have time before I had to take the car on a decent run.. it was fine after that tho.. Peddle was also a lot lighter than with the old one.. think it was a Sachs clutch.. 

What fluid have you used? And what clutch is it? You will always get a softer pedal with a new clutch but it shouldn't slip. I'd try bleeding it again. Might have some air in there still.
Not a charged vr but I had to do a gearbox change after mine blew a hole in the casing.. and it needed about 500 miles to fully settle.. it would slip with power.. it was so frustrating.. I was racking my brain and about to pull the box out again but didn't have time before I had to take the car on a decent run.. it was fine after that tho.. Peddle was also a lot lighter than with the old one.. think it was a Sachs clutch.. 

Your 1st drive on new clutch, did you take it extra easy or went 4 it

Your 1st drive on new clutch, did you take it extra easy or went 4 it

Haha. You should take it easy mate especially if your charged. Not sure with the cap. I always use an easibleed kit attached to a space saver with about 15psi in. It's so much easier and bleed it at the other end.

No always steady for the first one.. never like to spank it after I've done any work.. but like I said it was so annoying as it just kept slipping but then after a decent steady drive it was spot on.. you'll need to do it with some traffic too.. get a bit of stop start in.. it'll be fine.. I'd never had the issue with any other cars I'd changed a clutch on they were all fine from the off.. just the vr.. ??

Sweet cheers keep that in mind, you mentioned 15psi, is that pressure fluid is pump to ??

The easibleed kit fastens to the reservoir top. You fill the bottle with fluid and fasten one end the the top and the other end of it goes to the valve on a tyre to push the fluid through. Don't use a tyre with more than 15 psi in it through as it can blow the seals on your cylinder.
Yup getting to know that now, nice 1 thanks, something new to deal with tomorrow, cheers

There a good bit of kit mate and so easy to use. Fuck all that pumping the peddle. Lol.
I also have Brembo's on mine which were a mission to get the air out. I used it to flush all the old fluid out then push new fluid in.

Every vr owner should have one. Haha
100% Eezibleed when doing anything with fluids on the VR, let us know how you get on  

It's looking like it's going to need a new clutch, possibly stage 2 carbon Kevlar, think iv properly glazed the organic one that's in atm, it's not biting much at all anymore not even enough to get through the garage ramp out the yard atm, probably will get one when ordering next clutch