hello all, can anyone tell me what camshaft is bank 2. is it the top camshaft or the one nearest the bottom as I got a fault code p1347??? thanks T

Pretty sure the intake starts at front left then stagers across, so second intake is far left back then back to front next one along, thers the 2 cams at the top short n long being front n back, at the bottom is crank shaft only, think thers a vagcom list online of fault codes if you Google it
hello all, can anyone tell me what camshaft is bank 2. is it the top camshaft or the one nearest the bottom as I got a fault code p1347??? thanks T

Pretty sure the intake starts at front left then stagers across, so second intake is far left back then back to front next one along, thers the 2 cams at the top short n long being front n back, at the bottom is crank shaft only, think thers a vagcom list online of fault codes if you Google it
thanks. I think the timing out. do you know if it could damage the engine driving it as the pistons and valves could smash together, its a ford galaxy vr6 2004? many thanks T

Any engine out of sync on timing can be potentially catastrophic depending on the amount it's out by, best to get it re clabrated n timing set ASAP without any extra miles being put on unnecessarily, if you can hear it nocking or idle has gone rough already best not to drive it any further till rectified
it drives fine could it be the cam/crankshaft sensors, I have swapped cam1 with cam2 to see if that works, is there anything else I could try as a rookie mechanic, many thanks T  

I'd say to search the Web for what you're codes are representing 1st or get a garage to run it, that would give you more of a specific point of view as to what is causing the issue, after that it's up to you though how confident n competent you feel towards tackling it

p1347 is bank 2 cam/crankshaft sensors. os. sign. out of sequence so im guessing its the cam sensor. I have taken it off and cleaned it, swapped it with bank1 but have not tested it yet, im pretty sure I got to take the cam cover off to get to the chain cover and looks quiet complicated on these engines, ill let you know how it goes. thanks T

p1347 is bank 2 cam/crankshaft sensors. os. sign. out of sequence so im guessing its the cam sensor. I have taken it off and cleaned it, swapped it with bank1 but have not tested it yet, im pretty sure I got to take the cam cover off to get to the chain cover and looks quiet complicated on these engines, ill let you know how it goes. thanks T

If you can see the chains, find the timing mark just to be on safe side since it's open anyway yeah sometimes a quick clean n tighten up is all it needs but check the cable too, had similar issues with engine nock sensor end of cable being loose,