Ian Birch built it didn't he when he used to own Dubsport? I grew up with Dubsport on one side and Awesome GTI on the other, used to see al their creations all the time, good inspiration when you got sick of projects!

Last I heard about it was by a photographer who took some pics of it about 2 years ago.

big dub

Edited by RBPE
Ian Birch built it didn't he when he used to own Dubsport? I grew up with Dubsport on one side and Awesome GTI on the other, used to see al their creations all the time, good inspiration when you got sick of projects!

Last I heard about it was by a photographer who took some pics of it about 2 years ago.

33612485272_6e935904ab_b.jpg  

It's a wonder I've never seen this as I know Jim at Awesome. Look abit of an handful that does.
On 01/04/2017 at 10:11 AM, VR6CABBS said:

It's a wonder I've never seen this as I know Jim at Awesome. Look abit of an handful that does. emoji106.png

It was Dubsport's I think, Ian Birch build back in the day, Awesome were probably still in Rawtenstall back then with their Peachy mk1 clipper kitted VR6  :wub: - God I love a clipper kitted mk1!

It was around the time video's were made via potatoes too!

• 2 weeks later...

I used to own Peachy.... it was green when I had it... sadly its dead now!!! some guy in London was breaking it on ebay a few years back.  lovely car.  We also used to follow Dubsport around like little lapdogs. Big Dub was immense, it sounded like satan was having a clear out in hell....

Edited by Gjones01942
On 18/04/2017 at 5:59 PM, Gjones01942 said:

I used to own Peachy.... it was green when I had it... sadly its dead now!!! some guy in London was breaking it on ebay a few years back.  lovely car.  We also used to follow Dubsport around like little lapdogs. Big Dub was immense, it sounded like satan was having a clear out in hell....

I remember, did you take a pic of it on your drive one time? Last pic I saw of it I think - my fave/possibly 2nd fave car ever! Toss up;

peachy_zps47buo9hf.jpg

Or (with silver Azev A's crystal/red rear lights);

jd_zpswnx92tl7.jpg

drooling_homer_zps8fv0kcpm.gif

EDIT: No, that Awesome GTI mk1 is officially my fave car of all time (alongside Aventador TT). ;) 

Edited by RBPE
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm feeling nostalgic and missing the 90's so a few more pics of their creations.....

bd 2

db mk1 twin eng

db mk1

db polo

mk1 g60

Awesome's G60 mk1 which had a double feature in Max Power with the peachy mk1 which made me love the mk1. Speaking of Max Power, remember this?

mp corr

Ah, those were the days! 

• 2 weeks later...

Used to love seeing the dubsport creations knocking around I used to go to school just up the road and remember seeing A17 UFO flying up and down the road. He has built some animals. He built a white caddy van with 2 S3 lumps in it as well a few years ago 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Since the thread ran for over 2 years, and we had a mass panic in the middle - sorry I mean pandemic (always forget the 'dem' 😆) - I don't feel too guilty as the resurrectionist...

I remember visiting DubSport in 2004-ish (all the way from Suffolk) to have work done on my MK3. Had a passenger ride in some kind of modded, early R32. Err... they certainly knew those roads well didn't they!