Hx35 single vs twin scroll

Currently on the hunt for a hx35

I have sourced one but it's the single scroll version I believe. 12cm hot side

Anybody has any experience of single vs twin scroll ?

I reckon @RPBE might be able to shred you some light on this. He has a very good knowledge and understanding of turbo's, there gains and if it might suit your plans.

They're usually twin scroll housings but single or twin will spool well, especially a 35 with 12cm housing, good for a quick spool <500hp build.

Proper benefits from a twin scroll is the correct pulsing of the exhaust gas, so that the engines cycle/expelling of exhaust gas, works in harmony with the collectors and in essence, pushes the gas through without restrictions (laminar v turbulent flow/helmholtz resonance).

A twin scroll manifold or set up that hasn't had this calculated will not benefit as much and could lead to some turbulent flow that can be a hindrance at, for example, low flow levels, more of a problem on a daily than a drag racer then!

They are great turbo's though and you'll not really notice any real problems or differences in a lot of builds if you use a normal T3 open single manifold with a twin scroll turbine on the turbo though, vice versa you could get some turbulence problems as the single scroll turbine expels into a twin divided flange and the gas hits the divide.... in which case I may think about filing the divide down a bit to help negate this. 

If your absolutely chasing numbers then something to think about, twin scroll HX with open T3 manifold as what many set ups will be, I reckon you'll be fine, it'll still be a torque monster!

Edited by RBPE

Links are in the "what turbo" thread, genuine Wuxi from China are still Holset's, cheapest place you can get them really, UK sellers do them but add on a profit obviously, the 2 ebay companies linked get the Holsets the most, remanufactured and just 2nd hand it seems. Turbo Zentrum is about the cheapest for the Super Pro's and do 14cm, so they're your best option outside of a scrap yard to be honest..... I've done my homework! ;-) 

Edited by RBPE

Oh and usually, from the US, it was price of item + postage x 20% vat and about 6% import duty - from EU there was none and hopefully HM Gov will not tax or cause import hold ups post Brexit seeing as Germany's 19% VAT is pretty much the same as our 20%.