Replacing sunroof drains

After not driving my car this winter I went to move it recently to find a complete mould fest over the whole interior!

I found that water was leaking into my front footwells which I know is pretty common.

So I went through all the normal checks and found that my front sunroof drains were completely blocked and also split :angry:

I was just wondering if anyone has replaced these and if so what with? (I can't find any VW parts assuming there obsolete)

Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers, Steve.

Common problem I'm afraid as you know.

I would imagine that it is simply the case of obtaining the diameter of the of the pipe or take it to places such as pirtek and they can provide you a like for like replacement, alternatively is to clean out what you can and replace the broken sections using some joiners, I imagine it is only nipple connectors on the sunroof itself so just needs to be a snug fit that end and fed through to where it drains out the body. either way may need to remove roof lining and some interior trim to do the job properly I'm afraid.

Headlining is already out as it needed to be relined due to sagging. Just ordered 15 meters of tube so should be able to renew all 4 whilst it's out. Just need to get the rubber valves for the ends as they didn't come out in 1 piece unfortunately! Cheers for the help guys

Headlining is already out as it needed to be relined due to sagging. Just ordered 15 meters of tube so should be able to renew all 4 whilst it's out. Just need to get the rubber valves for the ends as they didn't come out in 1 piece unfortunately! Cheers for the help guys

My headliner leaks water slowly down the rear pillars. I need to know if it's 100% from the tubes. I think it is. All my seals don't seem to be old or worn. And I blew out the drain holes and nothing came out. I'm sick of this and I'm pretty sure it's the tuning under the headliner. Please help.

I checked my front drain tubes by opening the sun roof and forcing water down them and watching whether it was coming out of the valves...turns out it just ran straight into the footwells.

In principal you could test the rear drain tubes in the same way, Other than that it's headlining out I'm afraid :mellow:

I checked my front drain tubes by opening the sun roof and forcing water down them and watching whether it was coming out of the valves...turns out it just ran straight into the footwells.
In principal you could test the rear drain tubes in the same way, Other than that it's headlining out I'm afraid :mellow:

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna wait till the spring. It's not a horrible leak but definitely something I cannot let go without attention. I'll let you know how it works out when tend to it. Thanks a lot
  • 1 month later...