Good Day 

I have noticed recently while driving my VR6, that it gives off a strong petrol fume while driving, specially inside the car. I have checked, and there is no miss fire or any over fueling taking place, the car is actually very fuel efficient. Is the any sensor i should replace to eliminate the strong fume it gives off? 

Please advise

Regards

Gershon Adonis

Cape Town

South Africa 

File_0000.jpeg

Couple of questions.

- Have you removed charcoal canister at all and left clear pipe venting?

- Have you checked condition of rubber lines? especially where the hard lines meet the rubber hoses, mine had perished and noticed that I had a minor leak there, over the years the rubber lines do become more porous.

- Have you removed PCV valve at any point ? I once ran with just a filter on the rocker cover but fumes (very similar smelling to fuel) was overpowering.

- Other sensors etc.. that can contribute towards fuel is blue temp sensor, MAF and Lambda.

Hi VR6Pete 

While reading on the forum and a few other sites, i am sure my issue is due to my 4 pin MAF being faulty causing the car to run rich. When i unplug the maf while idling, the engine dies and does not start without it plugged back in. I am sure that unplugging the MAF should not have this effect, am i right? 

Another friend suggested maybe the oxygen sensor could also be faulty?

Before replacing the sensors I will have the exhaust system checked for any leaks as well. 

Regards

Gershon Adonis