Bodywork recommendations

41 minutes ago, D1BBZ said:

If your wings are too far gone to repair like mine were, I bought a genuine pair from vw parts international for £250 :lol:

You can still get them from VW themselfs also at around £135 each, albeit they have to order them in from Germany as there's no UK stock :rolleyes: We all now own old cars and sadly and its a bit like B&Q, when its gone its gone. VW's stock they have is now limited sadly, so if you want genuine? Buy now as they won't be making any more parts.. :o

11 hours ago, VR6CABBS said:

Sadly genuine wings are non existent across the globe. As@D1BBZ says vw parts international do still have some. I think they bought the last batch made from Germany. emoji106.pngemoji106.png

You're probably right there as it happens, just been thinking back now when I asked if still available at VW and how much..? Thought it was around 6/8 months ago?

Naaa, thinking back now it was more like going on for 2 years ago  :o

How time flies when you're having fun? Or more over how time flies when you're spending plenty monies on VR's. Oooooooooosh...... :blink: 

You're probably right there as it happens, just been thinking back now when I asked if still available at VW and how much..? Thought it was around 6/8 months ago?
Naaa, thinking back now it was more like going on for 2 years ago 
How time flies when you're having fun? Or more over how time flies when you're spending plenty monies on VR's. Oooooooooosh...... :blink: 

Haha. Probably around that time aswell I went into the main agents and they told me there was 7 left in the agents in the U.K. That was was on a Friday after work. I went back on the Monday to pay for 2 (£125.00 each plus VAT) and they were gone.
I was fuming with myself. Haha. Never thought they'd be gone over the weekend.
I have a contact in Germany who I still get Genuine parts off and he told me at one point vw there were going to do another big batch of wings but the order was called off by one of the big wigs.

So I bought a pair off vw parts international and put them away should ever I need them.
1 hour ago, VR6CABBS said:

Haha. Probably around that time aswell I went into the main agents and they told me there was 7 left in the agents in the U.K. That was was on a Friday after work. I went back on the Monday to pay for 2 (£125.00 each plus VAT) and they were gone. emoji52.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png
I was fuming with myself. Haha. Never thought they'd be gone over the weekend.
I have a contact in Germany who I still get Genuine parts off and he told me at one point vw there were going to do another big batch of wings but the order was called off by one of the big wigs. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

So I bought a pair off vw parts international and put them away should ever I need them. emoji106.png

Thinking back I should have done the same (never did though, what a plick ? ) Been stocking up on other useful parts since though that are getting scarce on the ground.. :ph34r:

• 9 months later...
On 3/3/2017 at 8:23 PM, dale p said:

Try jags 

vw parts international  what a great site, I have had my VR6 highline sat in drystore for the last 4 years, with the last genuine parts that I could get my hands on : rear quarter pannel , a boot , two new doors and two new sills.

Just trying to get the *** that I gave a grand to , to do the work !!!!!

• 1 year later...

Just had my highline welded up at wvs welding in Normanton it was as rotten as a pear.

Tony went above and beyond replacing 2 floor pans inner and outer sills and 

repairing the chassis legs and a lot of other bits that needed attention

he did a first class job, the price was about what I expected to pay for 70 hrs work plus materials.

I was quoted £4000 by rust box restorations and ended up paying less than half that.

I would not hesitate to recommend his work.