Advice from fellow VR6ers needed..

Hey guys, 

Ok, i have abit of a dilemma, I have 2 Mulberry VR6 Highlines and not too sure what to do basically.

Ill start from the beginning; In 2007 i bought my first highline, 1996 and clean as f**k, only had about 70k miles at the time it came with TT comps, i feel in love with the beast straight away.

Then in 2008 i had an accident in it where some idiot pulled out of a give way while i was going down the road, it was a front/passenger side collision not a right off, thankfully.

It went to a frends brothers garage to do the work and deal with the insurance claim, long story, short, the insurance guys run off with the money from the insurance claim, then after being messed around for about 9 years i get my car back half done, its driveable and still drives perfect other then it looks like a ratty now.  

While i was waiting the 9 years for my original VR i bought another one cause i missed it soo much, the new one is a 1995 Mulberry VR, its had an engine rebuild about 5k ago and is now a 2.9 and on AirLift V2. its basicallly a show car.

M dilemma is should i keep both? sell one keep the other? which one do i keep? dont fancy maintaining a show car anymore but if its a future classic should i keep and sell later?

Sell both? im nearly 40 now, should i still be messing with these? i love them to bits though?!?! 

I can afford to keep both but not sure if its feasible too? both only need the sills restored thats all.. Help!

Thanks for your time..

69E575CC-0CEC-4E63-B65C-A9C408BD3261_zpsh1tzys3o.jpg

IMAG0381.jpg

B848B2B0-A6CD-48B6-9BAE-EA54DD8CBE73_zpssauigqvo.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

Edited by TaNgOzVR6
1 hour ago, TaNgOzVR6 said:

Hey guys, 

Ok, i have abit of a dilemma, I have 2 Mulberry VR6 Highlines and not too sure what to do basically.

Ill start from the beginning; In 2007 i bought my first highline, 1996 and clean as f**k, only had about 70k miles at the time it came with TT comps, i feel in love with the beast straight away.

Then in 2008 i had an accident in it where some idiot pulled out of a give way while i was going down the road, it was a front/passenger side collision not a right off, thankfully.

It went to a frends brothers garage to do the work and deal with the insurance claim, long story, short, the insurance guys run off with the money from the insurance claim, then after being messed around for about 9 years i get my car back half done, its driveable and still drives perfect other then it looks like a ratty now.  

While i was waiting the 9 years for my original VR i bought another one cause i missed it soo much, the new one is a 1995 Mulberry VR, its had an engine rebuild about 5k ago and is now a 2.9 and on AirLift V2. its basicallly a show car.

M dilemma is should i keep both? sell one keep the other? which one do i keep? dont fancy maintaining a show car anymore but if its a future classic should i keep and sell later?

Sell both? im nearly 40 now, should i still be messing with these? i love them to bits though?!?! 

I can afford to keep both but not sure if its feasible too? both only need the sills restored thats all.. Help!

Thanks for your time..

69E575CC-0CEC-4E63-B65C-A9C408BD3261_zpsh1tzys3o.jpg

IMAG0381.jpg

B848B2B0-A6CD-48B6-9BAE-EA54DD8CBE73_zpssauigqvo.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

We own (Wife and I) two VR's, a 3 Door Mulberry Highline and a 5 Door Magic Black Highline and love both cars equally. :D

If you can afford too keep both? Then I say keep them both for sure...  :ph34r: Ps; I'm 44 and the Wife's a few years younger than me (Not giving her age away as she'd probably thump me) and like I say we love them. They may be getting on a bit now, but they're still a pleasure to own and drive without a doubt..  

Edited by VR6 Supercharged
Added content
4 minutes ago, TaNgOzVR6 said:

Cheers buddy, how much work is involved in maintaining 2 VR6's considering they are over 20 years old is it a money pit?? what about the future classic angle?

would it be really worth holding onto just incase they are worth more later?

Thanks again

Mines (5 door) cost me a fortune over the years since I've owned it, my own fault really as I keep adding things to it just to get it the way I want it to look and drive/handle etc.

Cost wise? How longs a piece of string really? It's just keeping on top of the bodywork side making sure all is protected on top and underneath from the weather and then just drive and enjoy, ooh and just the obvious regular oil changes etc. You might have the odd brake pipe, wheel bearing, suspension bush to replace over time, but that said and done there shouldn't be any reason why they shouldn't then last another 20 + years. As for being worth more in the future? Who knows. The less that are about then maybe.:huh: And again, if you've had yours this long, a few more years wouldn't do any harm would it. Hahaha.:lol:    

• 1 month later...