Start motor help please

Hi all

I have a mk2 golf track car .and I broke the vr6 gearbox .I have gone for the V5 2.3 DZL gearbox .but can't not get the right start motor to fit .I have brought 3 now of diffrent sellers and there all wrong

Please see attached pics

Can anyone give me the part number or what car to get one from has I am having it fitted on Monday

Cheers guys

Hi mate, I've done the 2.3 box change on my Passat vr... It's running a AAA engine.. I can't remember the actual box code but it went on fine.. I know some say you have to drill the starter holes but I didn't have to...

Hope you get it sorted soon..

Yea all the cables matched up.. I broke the big black clip that holds it all together but they're cheap enough to buy again... All the holes match up.. I had to get some flanges from a golf I think as the shafts were 100mm and the flanges an the Bora box were 110mm.. apart from that it was a straight swap...

I'm not overly keen on the new box.. I lost about 10 -15 mph top end but it does feel quicker.. you change gears more often too.. if it's a daily I'd not bother but for a track or weekend toy you'll be fine..

No worries dude.. sorry I can't be more help.. it was last august I did mine before the retrorides gathering.. I lent it to my cousin while we worked on his MX.. he had it 2 weeks and blew a hole in the box... as far as I remember tho it's all straight forward.. nothing needed chopping.. Thinking about the gear mech I'm sure I just unbolted the tower off the box and just swapped it over .. clutch was a vr.. can't remember if I swapped clutch fork.. the slave cylinder bolts on fine.. apart from the flanges that was it... A ball ache doing it on axle stands too...