Hello everybody been awhile since I posted. I just picked up a jetta glx been sitting awhile. Anyways I've put jumper cables on it to start it but no luck everything seems normal except when I turn the key on. I don't get any dash lights like the back light and warning lights and also the abs light beside the light switch is on. The radio sound like it's only playing through tweeters. And one more thing if I have the switch on the miles and time are displaying but if I turn head lights on they get faded. Any ideas or help will be appreciated. Thanks.. Bob.

Just driver door locks but other three stay unlocked. Alarm goes off every now and then. When I put key in switch it acts like the switch isn't working when I turn it on but abs light comes on

It's probably the central locking pump has gone, on the golfs there in the boot near the drivers side light it's normally in a foam case they are known for going the seal in the back light perishes and water corrodes the connector there about £15/£30 on eBay just make sure you sort the light gasket out first, and it could be a faulty ignition switch, it might be worth getting an auto electrician out to take a look at it
  • 1 month later...

Doors lock now but I'm still having trouble with my cluster still no warning lights I'm so confused I've tried a lot . cleaned all grounds inter changed parts and still nothing. But if the battery is hooked up for about 10 15 mins the horn will beep then alarm goes off. Any help will be appreciated