97 Golf VR6 - North West

Guys,

I'm testing the water to see if there is any interest in my 1997 Golf VR6 in Dragon Green (5 door)

94k on the clock with a folder full of receipts etc - original VW wallet - 2 keys (but only one immobiliser/alarm key fob)

Full leather interior - front seats heated although not currently working (possibly a relay issue). DAB radio with Bluetooth hands free kit included. Electric sunroof and windows all round (all fully working). It has adjustable coilovers fitted (new around 12-18 months ago).

Recent new exhaust, front brake disks (Brembo 288mm) and pads - I have new rear pads and disks but not fitted yet (still on the list of things to do). The car is currently fitted with 15" Sport Radar with nearly new Toyo T1's on - both front and rear have spacers on to fill the arches.

Bodywork is in very good condition - some age related marks on it but wings and arches are both solid! The only things I'd point out, are that I'd look to change the sunroof seal (current one is fine but it's lost the furry finish that it used to have) the front passenger window seal has started to lift due to corrosion in the seal itself (not the door frame). The standard aerial does not work - never bothered me as I had a DAB fitted with IPOD interface. There are a couple of rust bubbles forming on a couple of the door shuts - just cosmetic so just need to be sanded, proofed and painted. 

Mechanically the car is sound - it pulls like a train and gearbox etc is all good

Current MOT is until July but will put a fresh 12 month MOT on if the price is right - I have no doubt that it will fly through.

Any parts I have changed, the original parts have been kept and will be included in the sale (again for the right price). This includes:

Original grill with VW badge (currently fitted with smooth grill)

Original headlights (currently fitted with Mk4 looking headlights)

Original tail lights (currently fitted with clear tail lights)

Original steering wheel with airbag (currently on an OMP deep dish)

Original BBS alloy wheels which have been fully refurbished and never used since - fitted with used Toyo 888 semi slicks

Car is currently in a private plate which will not be included in the sale - with that said, the original registration is etched on all the glass so will be more fitting.

Feel free to drop me a message to ask any questions as I'm sure there are lots of things I've missed out :-)

Update: 26th March 2017:

Just a quick update as lots of people have been in touch asking about the price... and apparently it's in forum rules to have a price/price range. The car stands me at £3750 and I'm basically looking to re-coupe as much of that as I can. I'm not in a rush to sell the Golf as I well know that this car will only appreciate in value.

Also just to add, the rear disks and pads have now been fitted along with new bearings etc.

Sensible offers close to £3750 will be considered.

20161006_155207219_iOS_Ink_LI.jpg

20150430_185318795_iOS.jpg

20160116_163905456_iOS.jpg

20160116_163928846_iOS.jpg

20160607_145802420_iOS.jpg

20161006_155154210_iOS.jpg

20161006_155215959_iOS.jpg

Edited by rbro29
Price range added as requested by moderator
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...