This car was for sale in January, I've been away with work since then and I'm now trying to sell it again as a complete project before I break it. Price dropped to sell. See gumtree link below for all details. 

https://www.gumtree.com/p/volkswagen/volkswagen-golf-mk3-vr6/1213500451

Edited by gdfmacfarlane
Change of circumstance
  • 2 weeks later...

I have owned this VR6 since 2013, during this time the car has covered less than 7000mls

I bought the car as a drive-able on-going project and this is what it is being sold as. The car is by no means the best example you will find around but will give someone good value fun! Prices of good examples are on the rise now and this would make a great project for someone.

I will try to be as honest in the advert as possible and list all good and bad points below;

- Valid MOT until October 2017
- Welding done for last MOT so should be no welding required at next
- Had KONI STR.T suspension kit fitted 5000 miles ago (£370)
- Brake discs, pads & NSR brake caliper 5000 miles ago
- NGK spark plugs and OEM leads 5000 miles ago
- Goodridge Braided brake hoses fitted
- BMC CDA Induction kit (probably needing cleaned now)
- Original BBS alloys - Have been painted gold in the past, wasn't my cup of tea when I got the car but I actually grew to quite like them. 
- TOAD Cat1 alarm and Immobiliser

- Paintwork not the tidiest, will need some attention to bring back to a good standard. Recently tried tidying up a couple of patches which can be seen have not blended well with old paintwork due to "blooming" of the paint and poor quality Halfords paint match. 

- Intermittent ABS light on, may be a sensor but can't be sure

- Interior was changed out by previous owner and is a bit mismatched, has original Recaro seats however door cards and roof lining have been changed to cream colour. Roof lining also beginning to peel along top of windscreen. 

- Aftermarket front grille is missing top piece of plastic (new one £25 on ebay)

- 4 x part worn tyres put on to pass last MOT, would reccomend better tyres and balancing for peace of mind. Slight vibration at motorway speeds due to mismatched tyres and imballance. 

- The car had NO SERVICE HISTORY when I bought it. I have one or two receipts for work done during my time with it but not a lot. 

- Last MOT advisories; 
                                     - Track rod end ball joint showing slight play
                                     - Engine sump showing corrosion and oil weep evident
                                     - NSF wheel bearing showing play
                                     - NSF suspension arm rubber bush deteriotating - no excessive movement. 

- If I was keeping the car I would be replacing the sump and carrying out oil/filter change before much more use. 

I have been as honest as possible with my description, any more questions feel free to message me.

£750 

IMG_20170119_100759.jpg

IMG_20170119_100821.jpg

IMG_20170119_100838.jpg

IMG_20170118_103007.jpg

IMG_20170118_102955.jpg

IMG_20161214_150215.jpg

IMG_20161214_145454.jpg

IMG_20170119_101043.jpg

Edited by gdfmacfarlane
  • 2 months later...

Yes mate, It's still for sale. I had to go back to sea in February and didn't manage to get it sold before I left. It's lying at my dad's work with a for sale sign on it in Kilmarnock at the moment but haven't been trying that hard to sell it. It's MOT'd until October but I've SORN'd it as it's not been out on the road. If you're interested let me know and I can give you contact details for my dad who can arrange viewing it. Cheers

• 2 years later...