Original paintwork or resprayed does it matter ?

Hi everybody ive just bought a low milage 55k in fact, 3 door Mk4 R32, its in very good condition tbh the interior the wheels the bodywork etc.....but ive noticed the bonnet front wings and front bumper has been resprayed that would explain not a single stone chip, id like to know the opinion of othet Vw enthusiasts, does the fact its not on its original paint affect the value of the car if some day i decided to sell?

Bit harsh to say it may have had a  front end smash... If this where to be the case so long as everything lines up etc then happy days? I would be more inclined to say that the previous owner looked after the car and didn't want any stone chips etc on the bumper or bonnet. Wings wise? We all know they can suffer from rust at the bottoms, whether it be a MK3, 4 or 5. So its probably safe to say this is the reason/reasons for fresh paint. That said, its now pushing on in years (I own a 95 MK3 VR6, so I'm not saying your car is old by any means) so I challenge anyone to show me a car of that vintage that's NOT had paint work... :huh: Just my thoughts...

Edited by VR6 Supercharged
Wrong wording