Fast Road Mk3 And the odd trackday

Hi Guys And Girls...

My Mk3 VR is getting a bit long in the tooth, 137k miles, and coming up for 20 years old,
It has been played with in the past ( not buy me) and goes really well, put out 200bhp and 210lbft on the dyno a couple of years ago.

Its been chipped (i assume) decat and a k&n airfilter with an aftermarket back box. And lowered on what look like std shocks (very rusty) with eibach springs, looks like 40-60mm, not slammed but not high rise like a std vr6.

Now as time has gone on, its a very crashy ride, and the front can feel very boaty on slow bumps, also when braking fairly hard it doesnt want to pull up dead straight all the time, and can feel a little squirmy at the rear.

Tyres are good, abs works, pulls well sounds great,   corners and braking... not so much!

So My Plans are this.....

I want it to handle nice, i dont mind a firm ride but not too harsh and crashy, wouldnt mind doing the odd trackday in it, but keeping a/c full interior etc.

So i have bought......

Strut Brace (for front top mounts)
4 New Shocks (these are Bilstein gas ones)
New top mounts and bearings
Rear shock mounts
Poly rear axle bushes
Braided Brake hoses (so full fluid change)
312mm Discs and carriers for the front
New ball joints bushes and arb drop links (r32 style rear wishbone bushes)
Steering arms and ends
Camber Bolts for front shocks

Full alignment once all fitted.

Have i missed anything?  Any recommendations on other things to do or that may help?

Cheers
Luke

20161216_182205.jpg

20161211_150334.jpg

20161211_150320.jpg

20161211_150343.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone iv got an upgrade of back callipers for my vr6 from standard mk3 to mk4 callipers but need new mk3/mk4 hoses were can I get them please my ones r the bolt type not banjo my mk3 ones I brought don't fit to small need a bigger bolt or addaptors. Does anyone now on this matter iv seen loads of conversions done so I know it's been done. Thanks.

Hi everyone iv got an upgrade of back callipers for my vr6 from standard mk3 to mk4 callipers but need new mk3/mk4 hoses were can I get them please my ones r the bolt type not banjo my mk3 ones I brought don't fit to small need a bigger bolt or addaptors. Does anyone now on this matter iv seen loads of conversions done so I know it's been done. Thanks.

http://www.helperformance.com

These guys will make you hoses at a good price. They come with the fittings too.

You need to advise what year of car the calipers came from and what year and make there being fitted too. And advise on the length you need. My hoses for the fronts to Brembo calipers cost about £35 delivered so rears will be cheaper.

• 3 months later...