Im just going to buy a mk3 golf vr6 and the heater matrix is gone. I've spoken to the local motor factors and in their book on heater matrix it lists a matrix for a vento and corrado but doesn't mention golf Im just wondering if any1 out there in vr6 land if the heater matrixs are all the same thank you

48 minutes ago, golf558 said:

Im just going to buy a mk3 golf vr6 and the heater matrix is gone. I've spoken to the local motor factors and in their book on heater matrix it lists a matrix for a vento and corrado but doesn't mention golf Im just wondering if any1 out there in vr6 land if the heater matrixs are all the same thank you

Not sure about the Corrado? Vento on the other hand is basically a Golf with a boot. Have a look on VW Heritage website, they do them priced at £28.90. :rolleyes: Hope it helps...  

9 hours ago, VR6Pete said:

Still available from GSF and euro car parts / carparts4less. You can follow our guide on here for DIY job. Unfortunately it's a dash out job. 

ahh pete i remember when the heater matrix on my vr was on its way out, the steam building up on the windscreen and the water leak was horrendous. I think i paid my mechanic £200 to get this done but you know what its just one of those fair wear and tear things its not the cars fault its just with age and needs to get replaced. :) infact i would like to share that iv had the vr for 2.5 years and iv only had fair wear and tear issues and iv noticed that i have had more issues with my mk3 gtis that i had in the past with endless bills. the vr only needed a new clutch, front engine mount, new bolts on existing drive shaft and that was it :D and the gear shifts smooth as silk but those long lorry gear throws arghh! needs a short shift i think hmm