Thought I would post up some pictures of the wife's daily 1997 mk3 Golf VR6. Its a Highline and also an automatic, So far we have only done some maintenance work to make sure it all works right before we do any modifications. Having said that it does already have a full stainless system with 6 branch manifold and a set of coilovers. 

Plans will be fairly low key with it being a daily driver. We have some standard headlights to fit as the light output is terrible with the smoked units, also got some Rear smoked VR6  units to fit. I have a few sets of wheels in the garage including Porsche Twist reps and 16'' Merc E-Class wheels. Will most likely be the Merc wheels as the Twists are 17x9 on the rear lol. Will be a few other bits and pieces as and when i acquire them. 

Some pictures as it stands just now and a few pictures from the UKMK3's meet back in August. Along with my Mystic Blue 8v and my Brother inlaw's Indian Red VR6.

Kat VR 1.jpg

Kat VR 2.jpg

Kat VR 3.jpg

Meet 1.jpg

Meet 2.jpg

Edited by nezzi21
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mattvr6 said:

That's an early gti/vr6 splitter from ones with arches and side skirts later vr6s have a much smaller front splitter that look abit naf

Got the smaller front splitter on my VR from a CL model and I think its looks well as its abit different than the norm. Had to put a smaller one on as already smashed / ripped two of the deep chin lips off on f#@kin speed bumps and was only going 10 mph... :wacko:

Thanks! Tbh its pretty clean apart from the very bottom of the front wings. Noticed yesterday when swapping the wheels that they are starting to go, so will pick up a pair of replacements and get them painted along with the rest of the front end.