I have a mk4 golf gti vr6 2.8l. I have absolutely no idea how to drain and change my coolant. Do I mix the coolant with distilled water only? Do I just refil the system with only g12 and that's it? I'm extremely confused on how to bleed the system and make sure no air gets into the engine after I let it run. Do I let it run after filling up the system to let the air out or is that dangerous to the engine? I'm not afraid to say I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes the cooking system. Please can some one just take 5 to 10 mins of there time and just explain from beginning to end how to drain and refil my cooking system. This is my first vw and I want to make sure I do everything correctly. Thank you 

Just drop bottom radiator hose and let it drain into a pan.

Generally its a 60/40 mix of G12 or equivalent (think its something like G13++++ now lol) fill up the coolant bottle slowly, let it run and ensure you have water flowing around - careful as coolant level will drop quickly and will introduce air to the system so ensure you have additional coolant at hand. I believe it takes around 6 liters to fill.

Just don't let the water boil over.... alternatively if you are not mechanically minded then take it to your nearest garage for peace of mind, coolant change shouldn't cost much!