Hi all, need help quick. Just received my insurance renewal for my VR from Adrian Flux £625. :angry: 

Not being funny but me thinks that's a bit steep....

I'm nearly 44 full no claims with a clean license.

Albeit the cars modified, wheels, suspension, lights, grill, exhaust and its supercharged I still think someone somewhere is taking the p$*s.

Ok rant over, anybody with a supercharged/turbo'd VR, what do you pay and who do you use.

Thanks in advance for anyone's input. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, ssaunders said:

Vr6 turbo 4x4 Rado, 310hp- £350. Aplan insurance all declared. 5000 miles

44 full NCD 

Thats more like it. Thinks may have to give them a bell. Although, for what its worth checked on Money supermaket and guess what?  Got it down to £415, quess who with? Ooh, my current insurer. Be ringing them tomo an all to ask what the f##ks going on...:blink:

• 1 month later...

Blimey, that was a quick post as its only just ended on fleabay. I was watching it just to see what it made as it looks very nice indeed. ;) Try either Adrian Flux or Footman James, as they both do classic, modified insurance. Although there is another company that Members use on here down your way that maybe cheaper? Chris Knott I think it is, wouldn't quote me though because of my postcode (Manchester) :huh:

3 minutes ago, VR6 Supercharged said:

Blimey, that was a quick post as its only just ended on fleabay. I was watching it just to see what it made as it looks very nice indeed. ;) Try either Adrian Flux or Footman James, as they both do classic, modified insurance. Although there is another company that Members use on here down your way that maybe cheaper? Chris Knott I think it is, wouldn't quote me though because of my postcode (Manchester) :huh:

Hi mate I went up Wednesday morning (left cornwall at 5am! lol) and bought her there and then for a little over what it went for on ebay, really happy with it all it needs now is some wheels! I'll check out Adrian Flux as my mate chose then for his mk2 aswell

8 minutes ago, bennyk said:

I'm with HIC really good with mods, mines about £300 with all mods, (which is a lot!) declared but I am old nowemoji15.pngemoji24.png at 34

Bloody Hell, that's cheap. You must have a better telephone manner than me as mine was £450'ish with all mods declared with full no claims and being really old (44) :o Bugger. 

1 minute ago, Brannonc4 said:

Hi mate I went up Wednesday morning (left cornwall at 5am! lol) and bought her there and then for a little over what it went for on ebay, really happy with it all it needs now is some wheels! I'll check out Adrian Flux as my mate chose then for his mk2 aswell

Nice. Well worth the trip obviously. Have to say it does look very nice in the pictures without a doubt. Good luck with the insurance, hopefully you get a good deal/price. :rolleyes: 

14 minutes ago, bennyk said:

I was surprised as well, got an agreed value on it obviously, it may help that one of their office's is a the bottom of my road though!

Lucky bugger, got agreed value on mine as well with protected no-claims, but even so you did well there. Gotta be my postcode then 4 sure.:angry:

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/12/2016 at 8:56 PM, VR6 Supercharged said:

Nice. Well worth the trip obviously. Have to say it does look very nice in the pictures without a doubt. Good luck with the insurance, hopefully you get a good deal/price. :rolleyes: 

Hi Just thought i'd give you an update, went with Adrian Flux they said if I waited till I was 21 they could give me a quote and i got 1900 quid fully comp thats with 1 year no claims which im pleased with considering the only other people that would insure me were '4youngdrivers' quoting 3500!! haha. 

Cheers hope you all had a good christmas

14 hours ago, Brannonc4 said:

Hi Just thought i'd give you an update, went with Adrian Flux they said if I waited till I was 21 they could give me a quote and i got 1900 quid fully comp thats with 1 year no claims which im pleased with considering the only other people that would insure me were '4youngdrivers' quoting 3500!! haha. 

Cheers hope you all had a good christmas

Good stuff, glad you managed to get it down to a price you where happy with as £3500 is just taking the pi## really. :blink: