Hello Gents,

Hope all are doing great. I have been very busy working lately and have little time to play around. A while ago (almost a year) I purchased some Cupra Brembo 323 calipers and am now willing to upgrade my rear brakes. Is there any VW parts from any other car I can use to upgrade my stock calipers and rotors? I have done some searching but mst of what I could find is using Porsche brakes which I don´t really want, at least for now.

I found this: http://www.evwparts.com/vwparts/GJ3BrakeKits/EBK698280G-J3R.html any opinion?

Thanks for the help Gents.

Korsou

Edited by korsou

Come on Gents, I am sure someone knows what fits the MK3 in the back from other modeles. Someone told me the MK4 1.8 180HP rear brakes fit which are vented instead of solid rotors. Has anyone tried this? What parts would be needed? Are they bigger?

Thanks Gents,

Korsou

Most people tend to go with the mk4, but you don't get any braking performance, simply improvements to the hand-brake mechanism.... but you will require different flexi hoses fittings from memory as the connection is different.

My recommendation for the rear would simply refurb / replace existing calipers and get some good quality rear brake discs... there is very little braking action from the rear anyway to be honest v's the fronts. 

Pete

Very true. You can use the mk4 rear calipers. In my opinion the best to use are from the 4motion as there solid. Then the 256 rear rotors. By the way u can use your own carriers for this. You will need need brake lines. Mk3 to mk4 fitment. There is a thread in the brake section about this too.

Thanks a lot for all responses Gents !!!!!!!

That is certainly very helpful. I agree there is little braking in the back but I would like to be coherent with the braking both front and rear.

Also, one more question. With the larger Cupra Brembo rotors and calipers and with the bigger raking force, won´t the ABS jump quicker as well?

All have a great one

Pete & VR6CABB,

Could you please guide me as to what part-numbers or years for the calipers and rotors for 4motion MK4? Are those the vented ones? I do need to replace all brake lines anyway as I was told I need to get some specific ones for the Brembo calipers anyway. Is this correct?

If that is so I will get the complete "custom" kit for the Brembo as well as the MK4 set-up

Would something like this work: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK4-Golf-Drilled-Grooved-Rear-256mm-Vented-Discs-Pads-/110693953112?hash=item19c5dfae58:g:e9QAAOSwFnFV8ojM plus the calipers http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-VW-Golf-MK4-99-04-4Motion-Rear-Left-Right-Brake-Calipers-Vented-discs-/252536445031?hash=item3acc585867:g:aZgAAOSwvzRX1r~8

Thanks again for the help !!!!!

Edited by korsou