Z engineering supercharger zr1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Roll on the summer get back out again    

I had to do some messing with mine and rotate the snail.    A proper pain pain in the ass ?

Posted Images

Mines both sides of housing the same diameter for seals.ive no locking ring like that.weird why they made so many different.all i have is 2 bearings one spring loaded coupler and 2 locknuts on the main shaft for retaining the bearings

• 4 weeks later...

I have two ZR1 chargers that I'm looking to rebuild. In the U.S. the cogged pulleys on the ZR2 were apparently pretty rare due to a ProCharger patent. Does your machine shop friend have any interest in making more shafts to sell? Did he also make the small cogged pulley or is RUF selling those now? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well charger housing with my machinist mate need to lift seal to get seal onto sealing area of shaft hopefully machining up a top hat collar to lift the viton seal im fitting to seal on shaft.in the meantime ebay goodies again
Nice billet dipstick on its way
714fca1d320882f729e9e5a7c417638a.jpg

Getting a bit cheesed with mine . All the seals are holding up. It's now weeping where the two housings go together. 

What map and fuel pump are you using with these things   My car was at 8v gti so I'm not sure if that pump is up to it really so I'm going to replace it with the 16v kr one.

My chip i got is allready mapped for stage 1 charger distributor model its a united motorsports chip.but id prefer to have a rolling road map.im fitting a mk3 golf tank i do have a 16v pump and housing etc from a mk2 wasn't sure if it would supply enough on full throttle

• 1 month later...

Theres not much room anywhere with a charger on Good bye knuckles. 

IMG_2400.thumb.JPG.f8bf9de0f37393cb9a656f03822a6eeb.JPG

this is where I keep mine

Hey pete where did you get this hose from? Any problem with it collapsing under suction? Ive got it all up and running all seems good maybe a bit rich and lumpy on idle but i think its down to the maf being too close to charger causing turbulence from the impeller

Couple of new bits machined up to take the viton seals i bought all fitted and oil leak free been running fine just to move maf further away from charger should solve the idle and running rich issues20170530_221014.jpg20170530_221009.jpg20170530_215419.jpg20170530_215406.jpg

52 minutes ago, boab3 said:

Hey pete where did you get this hose from? Any problem with it collapsing under suction? Ive got it all up and running all seems good maybe a bit rich and lumpy on idle but i think its down to the maf being too close to charger causing turbulence from the impeller

I got them from ASH performance mate, they are intended as intake hose and are re-enforced and so not collapse. 

I got them from ASH performance mate, they are intended as intake hose and are re-enforced and so not collapse. 

Cheers pete one ordered hopefully here monday didn't help i forgotten to tighten spark plugs up now there tight its much better idle is good starts 1st turn of the key but im going to move maf slightly more away from charger see how it alters anything.so no oil leaks as yet crankcase breather done just fuel pump to swap over and a blast up the road.i have found a 16v fuel pump assembly from an early mk2 in my man cave plan is to remove accumulator fit a barbed connection onto pump and straight swap over with pumps.4 bar regulator allready fitted so fuelling should be sorted.once this rains out the way its time for a road test
  • 2 weeks later...

Running sweet now bit tight moving maf which is down at bottom of bumper oil catch can mounted just pipe to connect up.Cars turned around now in garage to swap over fuel pump thats 2moro's job.Might change out blue temp sensor still a slight richness when hot if i disconnect sensor it runs spot on so maybe cold start just reading too cold keeping it rich not good with big injectors so ill swap that out.never had a blue temp sensor play up when hot only cold starting 20170618_155200.jpg20170618_162713.jpg

• 3 years later...