Z engineering supercharger zr1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Roll on the summer get back out again    

I had to do some messing with mine and rotate the snail.    A proper pain pain in the ass ?

Posted Images

Hi Where did you source the seals from i have everything apart from them (i think) i have been using mine as an expensive paper weight . I have had it since September and it has been in bits since i brought it as as soon as i put it on it was leaking oil. and now i sick of looking at it .

Could i use a different type that will do the same job . as i am guessing these things are 20+ years old an tech must have moved on since in the seal ind.

Any help appreciated.

Rob

Hi Where did you source the seals from i have everything apart from them (i think) i have been using mine as an expensive paper weight . I have had it since September and it has been in bits since i brought it as as soon as i put it on it was leaking oil. and now i sick of looking at it .
Could i use a different type that will do the same job . as i am guessing these things are 20+ years old an tech must have moved on since in the seal ind.

Any help appreciated.

Rob

Hi mate im afraid i got them with the charger however i do have 2 old seaks left i can measure up for you and you can get someone to make them for you.
I do have my old ones but nobody can match them. I do have a place that might be able to make some but not a definite.  Can you suggest somewhere as an alternative. 

Rob

If you have the sizes maybe try vortech chargers or ruf chargers seals they may be the same the important part of the seal is around the shaft due to this rotating.

Well im in a situation now found where my oil leak was coming from.the main shaft bearings have a retaining nut either side one had slackened off causing the nut to tear the shaft seal.at least it's been found early with minimal damage as its only damaged a seal.now i have to find a seal thats going to withstand heat,speed and retain the oil in the charger but also clear the nut that rotates on the main shaft.im looking at viton seals there ideal for heat and rotating.time for some head scratching now.hopefully update this with a solution soon

20170306_113440.jpg20170306_113449.jpg20170306_113454.jpg
Well the nut has damaged the thread so ill get a new shaft machined up only couple of steps in shaft for bearings 2 for seals and last 2 for impeller and pulley threads for locking on bearings and threads either end for pulley and impeller bolts overall diameter of shafts only 20mm overall length 110mm.might even manage to customise the shaft to suit new seals.will update soon

They are high speed high temp double lipped seals.  I had them matched to the old ones.  The end  with the four holes had to be machined out very slightly and went slightly bigger than the original on the other end and done away with the collar that the old one sat and just pressed the seal in on its own.

They are high speed high temp double lipped seals.  I had them matched to the old ones.  The end  with the four holes had to be machined out very slightly and went slightly bigger than the original on the other end and done away with the collar that the old one sat and just pressed the seal in on its own.

Screenshot_2017-03-08-22-18-05.png

2 minutes ago, boab3 said:

Why do you have 4 holes in that end?that looks like the impeller end

There for the tool to unwind it. Like a pin spanner.  Then just undo it as it's threaded and screws into the casing.  If that makes sense.