Z engineering supercharger zr1

Still pipework and catch can to do then fit mk3 tank for fuelling.just small snags weird how my charger pulley is only 6 groove.i got hold of a mk4 aircon pump on flea bay for £10 that was including delivery i removed pulley took of magnetic clutch and fitted new bearing into my 7 rib pulley and built that up it fits well and seriously light now since removal of magnet

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Roll on the summer get back out again    

I had to do some messing with mine and rotate the snail.    A proper pain pain in the ass ?

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

de4b5085570ad76b9a8d51bb887873fa.jpg
Not mine but exactly the same charger.
as my outlet of the snail housing is slightly off to where i would like it to be would anyone know if id have any problems moving snail housing round half a hole as in picture the housing has more holes than required so i want to rotate housing only to the next hole back.i can't see there being a problem but any advice appreciated

41 minutes ago, boab3 said:

Oil catch can to source squeeze in maf and filter somewhere.had to take oil bath off had nipped o ring when fitted so new o rings all leak free now

Theres not much room anywhere with a charger on ? Good bye knuckles. 

IMG_2400.JPG

this is where I keep mine

9 hours ago, boab3 said:

Thats a long inlet pipe before charger.is there a set distance the maf should be away from the turbulence from the impeller

Minimum 18" on vortech. May not be as bad on the z engineering mine. The key was to get an "s" shape could have got smaller length in but certainly doesn't hurt..: unless you drive through flood water ? Then it sucks like a dyson V6 haha so think ahead with position. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well got round to starting up didnt fire as normal very rough wont idle.

smooth on throttle tho.

lamda fault came up on vagcom so new lambda to go on.and still a leak from oil bath cant seem to get this leak sorted yeti thought i had it sorted but still a run from bath and its from the bath seals not the inner seals annoying but slow progress.but charger has a nice whistle sounds spot on

Im wondering if lambda would affect the idling as i did have a few niggles previously and my april mot last year just made it on its emissions the co was at maximum limit so i think its maybe now with bigger injectors new chip and a faulty lambda its chucking a lot of fuel in there.
As for the oil bath I'll have to take charger off again have a good inspection see whats happening where oil leak is coming from.
But on a good note its sounding nice under a bit of throttle.
Only 1 other thing ive done is delete isv and blanked pipe