Z engineering supercharger zr1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Roll on the summer get back out again    

I had to do some messing with mine and rotate the snail.    A proper pain pain in the ass ?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, boab3 said:

Bearings removed were bog standard no angular contact ones.looks like they use the spring loaded coupler for any floating in bearings under boost think I'll keep the coupler get 2 new angular contact bearings and do a rebuild new seals new o rings and fresh oil.

spoken like a professional :P 

6 hours ago, boab3 said:

Bearings removed were bog standard no angular contact ones.looks like they use the spring loaded coupler for any floating in bearings under boost think I'll keep the coupler get 2 new angular contact bearings and do a rebuild new seals new o rings and fresh oil.

Sounds like a plan, 

what width is the spring loaded coupler, if it's about 10mm then its been used instead of the 3rd bearing. 

4 minutes ago, boab3 said:

I luckily have a chip allready programmed for dizzy style vr6 running stage 1 charger so just plug and play

1 minute ago, boab3 said:

United motorsports chip

oh sweet, enough to get your running at least, would recommend getting a custom map off Vince though for optimal gains :) 

18 minutes ago, boab3 said:

Yeah I was thinking of going that route once I get running see how things look then get it mapped.i presume it's a case of pulling chip out to map as I don't think you can write to chip via diagnostic port on obd1?

The UM chips are "protected" usually so you wont be able to make any modifications, I will show you what mine looked like when I opened the ECU, it was like a sandwich !

Vince generally uses a emulator to map on the fly, and then writes the EPROM and installs at the end of the mapping session.

• 2 weeks later...