[SOLD] 92 GOLF VR6 RESTO PROJECT

Gums the golf is feeling a bit sorry for himself and is blocking my garage so has to go. He hasn,t run for a while after being parked up with a popped driveshaft. I have original manuals and loads of receipts going back to new. Comes complete with valuable number plate. Loads of mods including scorpion long life exhaust, momo steering wheel, alloys and much more. Blue interior, keyless entry system etc. Car is in NP23 6LH, South Wales. Only looking for £600 to clear my garage. This is a 3 door model.

IMG_1989.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

Edited by TOO MANY CARS

Only bought it recently, came across it in an old garage nearby and realised it needed to be rescued. This seems to happen to me a lot LOL.

I have everything. Original hand books, service books, the leather folder they came in from VW, the original bill of sale MOT,s back to 2000, receipts for pretty much everything ever spent including Clifford alarm install, superchip,MK4 headlamps, momo wheel,rad,recon gearbox in 2005, scorpion exhaust  and much more. I have a lever arch folder full of paperwork for it.It really has had thousands spent on it. Needs recommissioning now. Shame to break it.

Edited by TOO MANY CARS

hello mate, i did recieve your email photos, but need to know is there any rust? if so what parts of the car, and what do you think needs doing to it to get it running again or is it running? whats the millege?

sorry for the questions, but im in essex and a long way to come. 

is it 3 or 5 door? can you text me some pictures or email them to me?

astonspalmer@gmail.com

many thanks

Hi, no probs. It,s a 3 door. The rear arches are starting to rust, both will need new wheel arch repair panels. The tank straps are completely rusted through and hanging off. Apart from that it,s not too bad. Got lots of air bubbles in the paintwork on the bonnet and some on the roof. Not rust but looks like it,s suffered a bit from standing in a damp garage.

I have sorted the Clifford alarm and turned the engine over manually with some oil on the camshaft and will try to start it over the weekend with some fresh petrol, I,m fairly confident it will run.

Will try to take more pics over the weekend. Not looking for a fortune. Just need the room. Loads and loads of paperwork including original manuals, mot,s receipts for thousands.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Adam, not sure if I replied as I was inundated with messages but most weren't really interested. Turned into more of a chat room! Haven,t been on the forum for a while. I,ve moved the car to a dry lockup now where it will probably sit for the foreseeable future although still open to serious interest.  Realistically looking for £500. Will fetch more in parts but can,t face breaking it. Cheers.