Hi just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem

My 1994 golf vr6 just came out the garage after a lot of mods have been done did 200 miles in it no problem then out for a wee blast and it shut down no fuel had to get towed home did a couple of checks with bulb tester tryed starting the car to check power at the pump and it started and has been fine but don't want to take it to far just in case2353370ce0bbaadf6a88a1f4372bf0ce.jpg

I have put a6 branch manifold mated to a full milltek decat
Cda carbon airbox l/balanced flywheel stage 2 clutch
50mm alloy rad silicone hose set
Done away with original intake to manifold
Replaced everything with silicone as I say it was going like a train I thought the fuel pump had gone but it's now working all tho changes pitch on idle only thing I haven't replaced on it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys I have plugged the car in with vagcom and hav got fault code saying engine blocked by immobiser however my car doesn't have an vw immobiser but the original ecu was swapped out for a socketed ecu.
The car starts and drives but don't want to go to far in it in case it does the same again would this fault come up as a fault if the ecu has had immobiser defeat done anyone know
Cheers

That's correct. My 1994 Corrado was obd1 and had factory imob.

First thing to check is the wiring from coil reader to alarm box. Sometimes just needs cleaning etc.. the whole imob system are prone to going down and simply best thing to do is to code out the ECU.

Send it to stealth racing they will do it on a 48hour turn around.

Cheers guys but plot thickens I went round the town in the car good half hour of driving car was sweet as a nut pulling like a Trojan bogs down a bit at low end (flywheel is too light I was warned ha) but after nipping about came to a roundabout and it cut out and wouldn't start no fuel coming through power at the tank .
Left it for 3 hours went to tow it back and it started off the button and drove home sweet did the early obd 1 cars immobiser kill the fuel pump? I have checked the key and doesn't appear to have any transponder in it it also has a laserline alarm which does kill the pump but appears to be working ok any help would be appreciated as I can't get my head round this cheers

3 hours ago, arbroathautospar said:

Cheers guys but plot thickens I went round the town in the car good half hour of driving car was sweet as a nut pulling like a Trojan bogs down a bit at low end (flywheel is too light I was warned ha) but after nipping about came to a roundabout and it cut out and wouldn't start no fuel coming through power at the tank .
Left it for 3 hours went to tow it back and it started off the button and drove home sweet did the early obd 1 cars immobiser kill the fuel pump? I have checked the key and doesn't appear to have any transponder in it it also has a laserline alarm which does kill the pump but appears to be working ok any help would be appreciated as I can't get my head round this cheers

If there is no transponder in the key, check to see if its been secured to the pickup around the ignition barrel.

If the imob has been bypassed in the past (defeated as its some times referenced as) then you will still get the "Engine start blocked by immobilizer" error, if when it starts OK and you DONT get the error, then suggests it has not been bypassed and you have a genuine intermittent fault, in which case you would only get engine start blocked by immobilizer error when it has been blocked by imob due to a fault.

Side thought though - does this happen from cold / I.E when standing and not a hot start issue? and when it cools down car starts again? if so, possible crank sensor. but If it happens from cold then would suggest to be 100% imob related, but as @boab3 says, replace 109 relay as also common issue.

• 5 years later...

Hi! Wondering if this has been solved? Seem to have the exact same issue on my Vr6, obd 1, old alarm system has been removed. Once it's been running for 30 mins ish will cut out, starts up again fine 10 mins later or sometimes with a bit of throttle. Replaced the relay so thinking must be fuel pump failing?