It's just I'm wondering r the pads the same on mk3 gti and vr6 thanks

Popular upgrade is for TT (312mm disc).

But you'll need wheels that can accommodate these of course.

See write up here:

Some people have upgraded the rear calipers for mk4 but only has better hand brake mechanism and no real braking performance gains.

Recommend the TT upgrade having done this myself or if you feeling flush go with a 4 pot upgrade.

• 7 months later...

Thanks for all replays got another bit I'm struggling with I'm trying to get some rear brake hose for my mk3 vr6 to fit my mk4 callipers but it's got a bolt on my goodridge ones but the bolt that goes into the mk4 is to small need a bigger fittment r there any bolt conversion kits or does anyone now were to buy them from

Thanks for all replays got another bit I'm struggling with I'm trying to get some rear brake hose for my mk3 vr6 to fit my mk4 callipers but it's got a bolt on my goodridge ones but the bolt that goes into the mk4 is to small need a bigger fittment r there any bolt conversion kits or does anyone now were to buy them from

Brakes international do the banjo bolts mate.
Google them and call them.
Are you using the solid mk4 calliper on the rears of your mk3 or vented? Better stopping with the solids off a r32 or v5 and you can go 256mm disc and use your own carrier.

Nice one mate thanks have had a lot ov trouble with these brakes very soft peddle. Not sharp like it's not active. Feels like when the cars of that kind of feeling not very good at all. The abs dosnt work is that the pump dead.

Nice one mate thanks have had a lot ov trouble with these brakes very soft peddle. Not sharp like it's not active. Feels like when the cars of that kind of feeling not very good at all. The abs dosnt work is that the pump dead.

How do you know it doesn't work Nick? Abs light on? Could be a number of things. Rings, sensors, pump etc. Ideally you need to get it on vagcom and see what faults it's reading. Funny enough I had issues with spongey brakes when I fitted mk4 rear calipers on my last mk3. But I just drained the system with a eazibleed kit and started again. Bleed the furthest away first and work your way forward.